Papel Manteca / Parchment Paper

Girino

Registered
I like to cook and I bake a lot. Of course I am heavy user of parchment paper.
I had some difficulties in finding it (the people I asked to never heard of such "magic" paper) and then I finally found one brand only of papel manteca at my local Carrefour.

However, it sticks and it is not moisture-resistant.

It is okay for dry preparations, however if I paint the food with eggs, water or butter, they soak the paper and the final product is GLUED to the paper.
Even for a cake I had to remove the paper as soon as baking was over to remove very carefully the paper before it cooled down with the paper stuck there.

Where can I find a good brand of parchment paper?

I buy papel de manteca at my local papeleria, the stores that sell boxes, containers, aluminium baking tins etc. Maybe they have better quality than the carrefour's brand. I know that the roll I got is huge and will last AGES.. Not sure if it's the same as back home (US/Europe) because I've picked up baking and cooking while living here.

I just use the regular stuff from the grocery store, I've noticed it's not as good as what's available at home but it's never really bothered me. Try the options on mercado libre.

I buy it at the chino across the street and have never had any issues. I'm an avid baker and don't use it for cakes. Just cookies. For cakes I just use cooking spray or oil and then a light dusting of flour!

the cooking supply store on Corrientes 2561, Dona Clara, should have this.
if not, the wholesale restaurant supply neighborhood is Jujuy, between 1200 and 1600.
Many stores, with everything for kitchens.

I went to a baking supply store and bought a roll.

It has a greasy side and a rough side, which one should be put in contact with the food? I tried with the greasy side, but sticked (less than with the parchment paper from the carrefour, but still sticking compared to the parchment paper available in Europe).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Napoleon Culture 3
Back