Paraguay V Argentina, Lifestyle And Taxes

What's wrong with Paraguay? They seem to have favorable tax laws, lost cost of living, a similar culture to Argentina's (which I like), and lots of space.

Well, Paraguay is the far west.

Same language and religion is not the same culture.

Forget it!

Is there a legal problem?

Well, Paraguay is the far west.

Same language and religion is not the same culture.

Could you elaborate on some of the differences? Much appreciated. A Paraguayan once told me that he considers Brasileros similar to Americans and Argentinos similar to Europeans. I heard Paraguay has more Native American roots, i.e. Guarani. That seems rather interesting.

Paraguay is the "Wild West" (in US movie terminology) compared to Argentina.
emo32.gif

I'm a single parent in my 30s and would like to live in Argentina with my kids. My business will continue to run a few more years and provide income but probably I will soon be solely relying on passive earnings from investments mainly in Asia. My total assets are currently about 2 million USD. .

What would the total expected annual budget be for a simple but secure lifestyle in a not too expensive area?

Here are two threads which I believe you will find informative:

Is $2 Million Usd Enough To Retire With In Argentina?

$1 Million Usd To Spend In Bsas - How Long Can It Last?

If my hunch is correct, you are already familiar with their content.
emo32.gif

Thanks for the input. What do you think a reasonable monthly amount would be? I am assuming no housing costs as I would buy a place. I have 3 children so it would be for 4 people.

USD | Item
-
750 Food (no restaurants)
500 Transportation (I would get a new car but not upgrade it for 10 years, amortization plug gas, insurance, maintenance)
70 Electric
20 Water
100 Internet
200 Medical
300 Other, e.g. clothing, entertainment
-
1940 Total

Please convert all figures to pesos at $16 per dollar..

750 Food (no restaurants)

$400 PESOS PER DAY FOR 4 PEOPLE IS JUST A MINIMUM NO CLEANING PRODS AND HOUSEHOLD MAINTENANCE ITEMS ? TOILETRIES... TOO LOW . ADD CLEANING LADY $500 PESOS..!! A WEEK?

500 Transportation (I would get a new car but not upgrade it for 10 years, amortization plug gas, insurance, maintenance)

$8000 PESOS PM ?? SAY INSURANCE $1500 , LICENSE PLATES $1500 GAS $2000 PER MONTH, MAINTENANCE, $1000 AMORTIZATION 10 % STRAIGHT LINE FOR us$30,000 DOLLAR CAR ...? .. BARELY MAYBE ??

70 Electric MAYBE

20 Water MAYBE

100 Internet OK WITH CABLE

200 Medical SEEMS LOW FOR PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR 4 INCLUDING MEDICATIONS?? $3200 PESOS??

300 Other, e.g. clothing, entertainment, !!!

$10 DOLLARS A DAY FOR ENTERTAINMENT , CLOTHING, ETC .....$$150 PESOS..!! ENOUGH FOR ONE BFAST FOR 4...!!

SCHOOLING ?? UNIFORMS ?? BOOKS ?? $$$ SCHOOL BUS
-
1940 Total... ???

I've spent some time in Concepcion (northern Paraguay) with a German/Paraguay family and they wouldn't educate their kids in public schools. They go to great lengths to pay private school fees, and they are not rich people by any standards.

Back