PASSPORT type photos

sergio

Registered
Can anyone recommend a place that takes decent passport type photos - in the center, Recoleta or Barrio Norte? I don't mind paying more, within reason, is the work is good. Camera shops do not seem to be the best in my experience.

A couple of years ago I had to renew my U.S. passport there. The folks from the embassy sent me to a guy in the park directly outside the embassy. I'll bet they still do the same thing, if this is what you need to do and you are an American(I'm don't know your nationality). My memory was that the cost was around 20 pesos, probably double by now.

I need to get two 4cm x 4cm photos as well for my work visa, so I'm listening. Gouchobob - do you happen to remember which place near the Embassy? I like right there. Thanks.

Popper said:
I need to get two 4cm x 4cm photos as well for my work visa, so I'm listening. Gouchobob - do you happen to remember which place near the Embassy? I like right there. Thanks.

If you go to the entrance to the embassy it right across the street in the park. The guy actually does the photos in the park under a tree. Of course this was a couple of years ago but I assume he is still there. He had a nice little business going as the embassy sends people out to him.

As I'd feel a bit uneasy about approaching a random man under a tree in the park , I wonder if anyone can recommend an actual photo shop near the embassy that does good work? I went to one place near my house and the picture was so bad that I refused to accept it. I was planning to go to the embassy tomorrow to renew my passort but that's not gonna happen if I don't get decent photos taken tomorrow morning :(

Thanks in advance.

There is a store on Santa Fe between Aguero and Austria where I got fotos tipo carnet. I think they do passport photos as well.

Back