Paying "expensas" by wire transfer from US bank?

I pay them using Transferwise, it works like charm. They use a local bank (BBVA, I think) for the actual payment to the consorcio, so the consorcio doesn't even know I am paying from abroad. It costs just 1-2 dollars (it depends on the transferred amount).

I was just reading that there have been a lot of new changes and recent restrictions to the transfer of foreign currency in general, including into banks. I assume that what you suggest is doable RIGHT NOW? If so, I will look into it. I like what you said about "working like a charm".

I transferred money via Xoom to a BBVA account a couple years back with no problem. What's preventing it now?

I was just reading that there have been a lot of new changes and recent restrictions to the transfer of foreign currency in general, including into banks. I assume that what you suggest is doable RIGHT NOW? If so, I will look into it. I like what you said about "working like a charm".

I initiate the transfer in ARS and it is converted to slightly better than the official rate (today, 71,3505) using my balance in USD. I still see this operation as allowed, so I don't see why it shouldn't work. I did it last one year ago when the blue was almost identical to the official rate and I was away.

I haven't done that but when I was abroad I used to leave cash with a friend to take care of the payments as a favor.

Back