Paying For A Real Estate Purchase

I would suggest you consult an attorney. I am unaware of your residential status and marriage status. Some moneys may be brought in , at the official rate , as to satisfy any source of funds requirements and / or apply to investment visa's. Also not sure your status with AFIP. DO you earn pesos here ? Do you have tax credits ?

As Nikad wisely said , her option 2 is probably best , and 3 is also good , but it is a little complicated , and involves contacts and possibly US tax issues depending on how much money you are talking.

Even if you can get dollars here without going through the Banco Central you will eventually have to prove to AFIP where the funds came from when you decide to sell the apartment. My accountant mentioned to me last week that they're allowing people to "blanquear" money and bring dollars into Argentina.

Speaking of the government and money and blanqueandose, has anyone else heard about the millions of U$S the government is giving to Salta province who will lend thousands and thousands to anyone with a fixed rate interest long term loan to absolutely anyone who wants to start a tourist related business project in Salta? Sounds interesting....or suspicious.

Generally when things become so conorted it's best sit back and wait for change. Otherwise you will lose, if not on the buy in then surely on the sale. It's Argentina folks, nothing is secure.

I guess you dont need many help to find out that usd dollar bills are the best and more apreciated in the market, specially at the moment.
In first place try to pay all of it if possible from us directly to transfer to the seller account ( if they have an account overseas from argentina.
you have a minimun price for the " escritura" and the taxes that result from the operation. that will have to be paid in argentina.

Dont go for small real estate companies, cause they dont have the customers for this transactions.-
you pay usd dollar and this is "blue dollar"
got it?
cheers for your next buy!

has anyone else heard about the millions of U$S the government is giving to Salta province who will lend thousands and thousands to anyone with a fixed rate interest long term loan to absolutely anyone who wants to start a tourist related business project in Salta? Sounds interesting....or suspicious.

No, I have not. Do you have any information about this? Haven't seen anything in local newspapers.

Guys I would think long and hard about purchasing money on an "investment property" given the market. Unless you have no intention of ever taking that money out. Even if you have loved ones, nothing is guaranteed. If you have money available, purchase a property in a safe country and use the income to pay for rent down here. Having the landlord screw you for a few pesos due to the FX complications is nothing compared to an outlay of $150k+. My 2c.

Back