Paying for Argentine Netflix account

LindenReed

Registered
I am unable to use my US Netflix account in Argentina due to regional restrictions, and I am unable to register for an Argentine Netflix account because I don't have a local credit card.

When I spoke to Netflix about this problem, they suggested I could pay for the account with a prepaid credit card (which I don't believe are easy to find in Argentina) or a Netflix gift card (purchased with the local currency).

Can anyone suggest where to find a Netflix gift card for sale in Argentina (I also do not have a Mercado Libre account) or any other way to pay for an Argentine Netflix account in pesos?

(I'm aware that using a vpn to access our US account is an option, but not ideal for other reasons--I'd prefer to find a way to access a local account.)

I am unable to use my US Netflix account in Argentina due to regional restrictions, and I am unable to register for an Argentine Netflix account because I don't have a local credit card.

When I spoke to Netflix about this problem, they suggested I could pay for the account with a prepaid credit card (which I don't believe are easy to find in Argentina) or a Netflix gift card (purchased with the local currency).

Can anyone suggest where to find a Netflix gift card for sale in Argentina (I also do not have a Mercado Libre account) or any other way to pay for an Argentine Netflix account in pesos?

(I'm aware that using a vpn to access our US account is an option, but not ideal for other reasons--I'd prefer to find a way to access a local account.)
you can pay with a foreign card too. you will pay an okay exchange rate.

That's not true. I paid Netflix here with a foreign credit card for a few years. Now I switched to MAX, which is cheaper and I like a lot, and I also pay with foreign credit cards. Call them again and insist or just open a new account online, if necessary.

Selection of films on Netflix depends on country of physical location, not country of issuance of your credit card.

A person with Argentine credit card who is physically located in the US, gets US selection of films.
A person with American credit card who is physically located in Argentina, gets Argentine selection of films.

Selection of films on Netflix depends on country of physical location, not country of issuance of your credit card.

A person with Argentine credit card who is physically located in the US, gets US selection of films.
A person with American credit card who is physically located in Argentina, gets Argentine selection of films.
This.

And a person whose Netflix account is paid for in the US and lives in Argentina gets the Argentine selection - except when she's in the UK when she gets the UK selection. Incidentally, in my experience most of the streaming services know most of the free/cheap VPN addresses already and block them. It's far easier to roll with it and watch what's on offer where you are - or just cancel your subscriptions and do something else.

I understand that content varies regionally; that is not my concern. In past years, I've also been able to pay for an Argentine account with a US credit card--that is no longer possible, at least for my cards. I believe that Netflix has changed its payment policies in order to prevent people from shopping internationally for the cheapest possible rate (see Reddit for many examples of this).

I am trying to create a new Argentine account, and I am looking for a way to pay for it in pesos, without an Argentine credit card.

I understand that content varies regionally; that is not my concern. In past years, I've also been able to pay for an Argentine account with a US credit card--that is no longer possible, at least for my cards. I believe that Netflix has changed its payment policies in order to prevent people from shopping internationally for the cheapest possible rate (see Reddit for many examples of this).

I am trying to create a new Argentine account, and I am looking for a way to pay for it in pesos, without an Argentine credit card.
try wise
just create an account, verify yourself, open a debitcard. Should do the trick.

For what it's worth, I pay Netflix with my BBVA debit card, never with a credit card.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. Wise is not currently issuing new debit cards (at least not for US or Argentine addresses). I tried creating a Paypal debit card, but Netflix did not accept it.

I found the solution. I think there is a problem with our email address.

You can try to change your email address else if you have a gmail address. what you can do is just add +netflix between your 'username' and '@gmail.com'

i.e. suppose your email is [email protected] >> [email protected]

this is the feature of gmail it ignore what you type between + and @gmail.com and you will still receive your email from netflix into your gmail account.

after changing email make sure you received 2 email address change notification via email.

first one will have to [email protected] qnd 2nd one will be [email protected]

now complete payment method.
In case it helps someone else, this is what eventually worked for me... Changing browsers (from chrome to firefox), creating another new account (following the email instructions above), confirming with my Argentine cell phone, and paying with my US bank debit card (which was previously declined many times).

Back