Paying Medical Bills - Need Pesos Quickly

One transaction! 4 separate transactions would be like $5USD x4 of BofA charges and 17 pesos x 4 of Citibank charges which would be really expensive, about $35 dollars (and instead I pay the cost of one transaction to get same amount of $$)

However, I am about to avoid even this one payment by getting an account with a local US bank (Fifth Third) that reimburses all ATM fees like Charles Schwab. :)

LaurenW said:
One transaction! 4 separate transactions would be like $5USD x4 of BofA charges and 17 pesos x 4 of Citibank charges which would be really expensive, about $35 dollars (and instead I pay the cost of one transaction to get same amount of $$)

However, I am about to avoid even this one payment by getting an account with a local US bank (Fifth Third) that reimburses all ATM fees like Charles Schwab. :)
So the one payment to which you refer includes a $5 charge by BofA for using its ATM card at a non-BofA ATM plus the separate Banelco/Link 17.16 peso charge. No other Citibank fee?
Thanks. I wasn't aware you could use your BofA card at the (new edit) NON Banelco/Link Citibank ATMS to get more than 1000 pesos at a time. I'm even more surprised it can be done at the Citi ATMS that are within the Banelco/Link system as you imply by mentioning the 17 peso Banelco/Link charge.
At the Av Libertador Citibank (near JJ Salgueiro) I saw what I thought (from signage) were Citibank ATMs that were outside the Banelco/Link system, but when I tried my Fidelity card at one of those Citibank ATMs I couldn't get more than 1000 pesos. I also could not get more than 1000 pesos at the adjacent Citibank ATMs that were in the Banelco/Link systems using my Fidelity card, but that came as no surprise since I can't at any other ATM that I've tried within the Banelco/link system.
Caveat: Make sure Fifth Third ( or Schwab) refunds all ATM fees. Fidelity does so only up to $75 per card per year.

Scarface - I am talking about Citi's non-Banelco/link ATM's. I'm sorry that it doesn't work for your card.

Do the Citibank non-Banelco/Link ATMs also charge the 17 peso fee when you use your BofA card? (See my clarification edit above).

bradlyhale said:
I guess I should clarify. The fourth transaction wouldn't be a full $1000 ARS because I'd have ~$75 USD left (of the $800 USD limit per day) after three full transactions.

Nonetheless, I have been able to withdraw more than $2500 ARS in one day. On 9/16/2011, I took out $726 USD in three separate transactions of $242 USD -- all at the same ATM. Assuming that 1 USD = ~4.25 on 9/16 and I subtract the $4.00 USD fee per transaction, I walked away from the ATM with a little more than $3,000 ARS in hand.

Hope that clears some stuff up!

Ok, so I just tested this out yesterday and today. My Schwab daily ATM limit is U$S 1000. Yesterday I called and had them raise it to U$S 3000 temporarily.

Went to the ATM and took out $1000 pesos and then another $1000 pesos (still the maximum per withdrawal here). I then tried another $1000 peso withdrawal and got the message that I was over my daily limit. Changed it to $900 pesos and that went through.

So, it looks like the old limit of $2500 pesos no longer applies here, but the new limit seems to be $2900 pesos. Schwab says I should have no problem withdrawing U$S 3000, so this seems to be some type of limit in Argentina.

Sleuth said:
So, it looks like the old limit of $2500 pesos no longer applies here, but the new limit seems to be $2900 pesos. Schwab says I should have no problem withdrawing U$S 3000, so this seems to be some type of limit in Argentina.

Remember you have a separate daily limit on both Banelco and Link ATMs too.

Back