Paying The Maid In Blanco...

Just been told about this "aguinaldo", which i understand is 50% bonus of a workers monthly wage that the employer has to give once every six months.. Does anyone know if this applies to all maids, no matter how many hours they work for you? Mine does about 10 hours a week at my house.

Fettucini - yes, according to the new law that came in last May or June, all domestic workers must be 'en blanco'. In December and June, you have to pay half the amount of the highest salary payment you paid in the preceding six months. Also by law you should be paying 20 pesos per month social security/health insurance (Obra Social), using the form available here:
http://www.afip.gov.ar/genericos/formularios/archivos/interactivos/F102B.pdf

(you also should register her as an employee of yours using your CUIT/CUIL and password on the AFIP website.
You also need to have a "Seguro ART" - accidents at work insurance (in your case costing about 200 per year). She's covered against accidents at work, and going to and from work.

The good news is that if you pay the "Impuesto a las ganancias" all this is tax deductible. You can spend around 1500 pesos per month on domestic employees and write it off against tax.

This law really, really sucks. I pay my employees in the states bonuses because they hit goals, or have great ideas or we had a great year. When I had 500 employees here they got a month extra because the fuc...ing government said they deserved it. Now...after they stole everything they could carry, took every personal and sick day they could get, worked less than 11 months they got paid for 13 months. And if they were jerk-offs that you fired, they tried to sue. I am so happy to have closed that operation. As for the maid, she gets the en blanco deal but she doesn't really want it. She was happier getting paid in Dollars in black.

Back