Payment methods in Argentina

jbhenson

Registered
Does anyone know how someone can send money to you inside Argentina?

Does xoom let someone send money from Argentina to another person in Argentina?

What other methods are there?

Does anyone know how someone can send money to you inside Argentina?

Does xoom let someone send money from Argentina to another person in Argentina?

What other methods are there?

I've used Western Union within Argentina to send money to someone who didn't have an Argentine bank account (using their full name and DNI) and I've transferred funds from my Argentine bank account to several other individual's Argentine bank accounts (with their CBU and email address). I've also deposited cash into other accounts using ATM's, but I've never used XOOM to send money to anyone except myself (and that was from the US to Argentina).

PS: The bank to bank transfers and ATM deposits do not have any additional fees.

Last edited:
i need a way for an argentine with a bank account here to pay me here, without me driving to his house.

If you have an Argentine bank account and he has access to a computer he can make a transfer from his bank account to yours (different banks no problem). He'll need your CBU and possibly your email address. It's very easy to do. He could also make a deposit directly into your account at an ATM.

If you don't have a bank account he could send the funds by Western Union and you would have to pick them up in person.

I dont have an argentine bank account, so i was looking for something like xoom

Do you know if it is possible to send money from Argentina to the USA? How much and how?

Back