PCR test experience in different countries versus CABA

Ceviche

Registered
I have done PCR tests in quite a few countries and labs.
The most brutal experiences, I found were at

1. Centralab, Bonpland 1397
2. GRU airport, Sao Paolo, Brazil

The thing which gets me most is the insistence of some nurses to put the bud write up your nose and keep turning it many times for a long time.

And 2nd thing is that in these two countries, they insist on doing mouth test too. Many countries, they don”t do the mouth test anymore.

Hows it possible in other countries, they dont do the mouth test anymore. And nose test is really gentle, feels nothing.

Further, at both these labs, I noticed the nurses seem to have a “sense of power” or as if the fate of the world depends on them,
Lastly, too much information collection at both these labs. Where are you traveling? What flight, which country bla bla.

Lets have a discussion on your experiences?

Any nurses here to comment?

Interesting - I found it pretty bad at Centralab in Villa Crespo, and then utterly horrific at EZE airport. All my friends in the UK say they've found it to be fine, but they have been self-administering and admitted they didn't put it up as far as mine had gone.

However, the nurses were really nice on both occasions, and didn't interrogate me at all... in fact I don't remember being asked anything really.

In Brazil it is better to go with a private lab call out service that visits you at your hotel and takes the test there - results within 6 hours. Both mouth and nose swab, but very gentle and you can relax knowing you’re not around other people. Was very smooth and did not go in the nose too deep.

In Argentina I would only do the saliva tests now as find the nasal swabs far too invasive - just too deep compared to Brazil and depending on the operator performing the test (more than the lab) too aggressive. According to own and other experiences the operators at EZE seem to be universally bad.

1. GRU -- Fine, easy, no discomfort. Nose and throat.
2. CABA Manlab -- Fine, easy, no discomfort. Nose and throat.
3. Porto Alegre, Brazil -- Fine, easy, no discomfort. Nose only.

In Brazil it is better to go with a private lab call out service that visits you at your hotel and takes the test there - results within 6 hours.

In Argentina I would only do the saliva tests now as find the nasal swabs far too invasive -

Please advise details on Brasil ( visiting hotel service). Is final report in English as well?

please advise, where can i choose “saliva tests”’only?

Please advise details on Brasil ( visiting hotel service). Is final report in English as well?

please advise, where can i choose “saliva tests”’only?
Rossi labs offer the saliva test and results within 24 hours. Cost is/ was around $5000.

Aparently the city testing done at EZE and other entry ports also offers saliva testing since there are big signs and instructions everywhere in the arrivals hall saying this --- but it rarely seems available when people actually go to take the test? I know others who have had it done at public hospitals... but there can be a bit of a wait. Cost is around $5000 if not covered by your prepago.

In Brazil just ask your hotel concierge to arrange it as available labs are different in each city. The one I use in Rio for example issues a certificate in four languages including english and Spanish.

All much the same if you relax and open your airways it is much better! If you’re tense it can be a bit uncomfortable.
Worst was the first one I ever did in Angola I think they had extra large swabs and really took their time digging around.

Few people had nosebleeds after!

Last edited:
I asked for the saliva test at EZE (it's what I signed up for) but for some reason it was simply not on offer

Rossi labs offer the saliva test and results within 24 hours. Cost is/ was around $5000.

Aparently the city testing done at EZE and other entry ports also offers saliva testing since there are big signs and instructions everywhere in the arrivals hall saying this --- but it rarely seems available when people actually go to take the test? I know others who have had it done at public hospitals... but there can be a bit of a wait. Cost is around $5000 if not covered by your prepago.

In Brazil just ask your hotel concierge to arrange it as available labs are different in each city. The one I use in Rio for example issues a certificate in four languages including english and Spanish.

Back