Personal Income Tax in Argentina

citygirl

Registered
Does anyone know if these income tax rates are still current? http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Latin-America/Argentina/Living-There

And if so, and if I am reading correctly, the top tax rate is 35% on all income over 39, 801 USD per year.

Just trying to confirm as we will probably be bringing over some foreign employees. That is a big bite in taxes. And it looks like after a certain point, there are zero exemptions from that (no deductions at all).

citygirl said:
Does anyone know if these income tax rates are still current? http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Latin-America/Argentina/Living-There

And if so, and if I am reading correctly, the top tax rate is 35% on all income over 39, 801 USD per year.

Just trying to confirm as we will probably be bringing over some foreign employees. That is a big bite in taxes. And it looks like after a certain point, there are zero exemptions from that (no deductions at all).

To my knowledge this is correct, income taxes here are much higher than U.S. My guess is that lack of responses is that most people here are really long term tourists and don't have a clue, if people where actually paying the taxes due by law here most would be long gone.

If you work in the country you can hardly call that being a tourist.

Lee said:
. There is a gray area for some of us.

Not that I care, it's your life, but it's not really a gray area. It's just you don't like the answer so you ignore it. Those are two different things.

If you go to a country on vacation you are a tourist. And if you go to a country to live and work, you are an expat. It's really not rocket science.

Lee said:
If you didn't care you wouldn't have replied and yes it is my life. Until they CLOSE the perma-tourist hole I will do what I am doing (legally thank you). \

Once they do that (if and when) I will change the way I am living either by getting some other type of visa or simply moving to another country and doing the same thing all over again...

Ain't it nice to have that ability. :)

I don't have to care or judge what you do to point out that it's not a gray area. You are living and working in Argentina. You should have a resident permit. But you don't want one or can't get one or whatever. You decided to take advantage of the lacks enforcement, but let's not pretend it's a "grey area".

Call a spade a spade.

How is he taking advantage? If you don't have to have a resident permit. It is not a crime to be an "illegal immigrant". If they wanted you to have one, they'd make it law.

Back