Pescaderia en Palermo SoHo??

A&A

Registered
Anyone have a suggestion(s) for a good Pescaderia/Fish Mongerer? It would be great if it is near my home (Plaza Serano area), but I am willing to travel.

A place that also has a nice selection of shellfish, shrimp etc, would be great too. I have not explored the home cooking fish options as of yet. Its also something I would not want to hunt and peck, as bad fish can be...well.... "bad" :eek:!

Thanks so much!!

A&A said:
Anyone have a suggestion(s) for a good Pescaderia/Fish Mongerer? It would be great if it is near my home (Plaza Serano area), but I am willing to travel.

A place that also has a nice selection of shellfish, shrimp etc, would be great too. I have not explored the home cooking fish options as of yet. Its also something I would not want to hunt and peck, as bad fish can be...well.... "bad" :eek:!

Thanks so much!!
My favorite place is Ostramar. Corner of Santa Fe and Julian Alvarez. Not that far from you. Good selection of fresh fish and shellfish, pre-made dishes, and some cheap sushi rolls as well.

Reactions: A&A
yes ostramar is the best. there is also a small one on guemes near borges (betw borges and gurruchaga?) simply called "pescaderia". sometimes they have a lot of variety, other times not. but it's worth a try.

Ostramar is great but the Chinese barrio is even better ! A little bus tour up north well worth the ride. Great selection, big shrimps tails at 52 pesos/kilo, cheap, fresh.

French jurist said:
Ostramar is great but the Chinese barrio is even better ! A little bus tour up north well worth the ride. Great selection, big shrimps tails at 52 pesos/kilo, cheap, fresh.
There's an idea. FJ-care to provide the name of the place with the deal on shrimp ? Much thanks !

Johnny said:
There's an idea. FJ-care to provide the name of the place with the deal on shrimp ? Much thanks !

Don't have the precise direction but know how to reach there :
- go to Barrio Chino
- starting from the railway, walk down Arribenos and make a right either on Mendoza or Olazabal (it's either on one street or the other but it's more likely to be Olazabal) = then 30 yards away on that street (Mendoza OR Olazabal) there's a big Chinese supermarket on the left side (facing a Chinese school with two or three Argentineans flags on it).
- Fishery is inside this supermarket.

They have many different fishes, shrimps, seafood,...

I'll see if I still have a plastic bag from that supermarket with the adress on it but I'm sure about how to get there

French jurist said:
Don't have the precise direction but know how to reach there :
- go to Barrio Chino
- starting from the railway, walk down Arribenos and make a right either on Mendoza or Olazabal (it's either on one street or the other but it's more likely to be Olazabal) = then 30 yards away on that street (Mendoza OR Olazabal) there's a big Chinese supermarket on the left side (facing a Chinese school with two or three Argentineans flags on it).
- Fishery is inside this supermarket.

They have many different fishes, shrimps, seafood,...

I'll see if I still have a plastic bag from that supermarket with the adress on it but I'm sure about how to get there
Thanks ! Seafood and an adventure trip !

Johnny: that huge Chinese supermarket FJ mentions is on Mendoza for sure... Mendoza y Arribeños. You´ll smell it before you see it... ;)

Back to the OP - in Palermo, there is a great pescadería called La Marisquería on Las Heras 2700 between Tagle and Pereyra Lucena.. they have a very small mezzanine where you can dine as well...

Reactions: A&A
nativexpat said:
Johnny: that huge Chinese supermarket FJ mentions is on Mendoza for sure... Mendoza y Arribeños. You´ll smell it before you see it... ;)

Indeed, you can't miss the smell (they have too a small restaurant inside) :D

Back