peso hits new low 3.8 to 1 usa dollar today sun

If its any consolation at least its a measured devaluation and nothing as scary as in the recent past. However how long that will go on is another question.

It was at 3.8 about a few weeks ago. (Or at least the buy was ~3.82.)... but I understand what you're getting at. It's a good idea to get paid in a currency besides the peso.

Its now 5.30 to the euro. Wow. I'll have more spending power when I return next week.

Yep, the Euro has changed drastically in the last two months. The dollar, not so much.

Diego,

I've heard that Argentina is undergoing serious inflation - does this mean that the US dollar is buying more in BA or due to inflation the buying power of the dollar is remaining flat?

ba_baby

ba_baby said:
Diego,

I've heard that Argentina is undergoing serious inflation - does this mean that the US dollar is buying more in BA or due to inflation the buying power of the dollar is remaining flat?

ba_baby

I'd say that inflation is outpacing the peso decline thus making things more expensive in dollar terms. Would that be true?

Conorworld said:
I'd say that inflation is outpacing the peso decline thus making things more expensive in dollar terms. Would that be true?

Makes sense. But the same should not be holding for the euro.

Prices appear to be on the rise fast enough that the rising US Dollar isn't keeping up.

Most forecasts are saying between 4:1 and 4.5:1 by the end of the year. I've also heard theories that the govt will probably try and do their best the freeze it at 4.2:1 the way they managed to with 3.2 for quite awhile.

Back