Peso what level do you see it this year?

Just sad fing sad. Evita to Chistina las putas del inferno la Nacion de inflacion. So misguided so lost in utter well I will stop there. So glad this economy means nothing to me but watching the locals go under sucks. But damn they are for the most part so dam dumb. And you can not fix stupid!

All speculation from u guys. In short term it will be back to 38 in april. Change now for next 2 months.

Wow. Could we see it hit 70.....80......100?????

I thought the IMF promised some kind of maximum range they would allow it to go to.

The current value of $43 is well within the range bands set with the IMF , The Dollar could today go to $50 and be within the Range set with the IMF, Before the Central Bank had to intervene seriously.

Just basis past experience living here.

Thanks for the answer.

W hen the peso hit 40 for the first time, many of us thought it would hit sixty by the end of 2018.

Instead, it slipped below 37 and hovered there for months

It's impossible to know even a few days in advance what will happen.

Last May I believe BC2 predicted an increase to 36 to one.

In spite of that, last June I made a transfer $2000 USD at the rate of 24 to one.

The next day (the day the funds arrived) the rate increased to 27. to one.

I wasn't happy about missing a gain of $6000 pesos.

Shorty after that the rate increased to 37 to one (and hit 40 for a day).

I was less thrilled about missing a gain of $26,000 pesos.

There was speculation it would increase to sixty or more by the end of the year., but obviously it did not.

So, based on my recent experience living here, I'm transferring as little as possible right now on a monthly basis.

Last edited:
The Dollarization process for investors in underway , it's a No Brainer buying an asset that can only go up another $7 pesos without CB intervention..!

If there is a sudden and significant drop in the rate I will buy all the building material needed to finish converting the galpon to a guest house and make additional improvements to the house I live in, and be very glad I did not sell either of them separately.

Back