Pet Adoption Shelters - Wanting to adopt a cat

pmacay

Registered
Hello group,

I searched here but didn't find any current information. 16 years ago we adopted Rocky from a great shelter "Sociedad Protectura de Animales "Sarmiento"" in Monserrat but they no longer seem to be running. Doing a search on animal shelters has a lot of outdated information.

Does anyone know of a good shelter for a cat adoption? Or maybe just a veterinary office with an active cork board for people who have pets for adoption?

Thanks for any tips! Lola needs a new brother! I live in Buenos Aires, in Recoleta.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-06 at 20.23.56_af6fa6cf-sized-text.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-06 at 20.23.56_af6fa6cf-sized-text.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Lola-Rocky.jpg
    Lola-Rocky.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 7
As far as I remember, every Saturday in Coronel Díaz, a few metres from Av. Las Heras on the footpath of the square from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

I'm sorry to hear of Rocky's passing, we have 4 cats, and they may be small, but they make a big impact in our lives. 😿

We adopted ours as street kittens from near my mother in law's place in Zona Sur. There are several groups on Facebook of neighbors who find street cats/kittens that need homes. While it may be a better fit for those who don't have cats already (as you don't have to worry about communicable diseases while waiting for check ups) it's generally the most needy of the cats in these groups as it's random people seeing them around town.

If you're interested I'll ask my husband for the groups we found ours in, otherwise it sounds like you've got some good selections via Frank and DB for cats that may have more of a known history/medical history.

Sorry again for the loss.

One member of our family volunteers here:

Thank you FrankPintor, D.B. Cooper, Quilombo and elhombresinnombre for the replies! I sent a message off to one of the shelters that I found https://www.centromichimiau.com.ar/, I'll post if I get a response. I also plan to visit Plaza Las Heras and Parque Centenario and check them out.

Check with your neighborhood vet store- they often have whole litters of kittens for adoption.

Parke Centenario on weekends is also a good bet, but it is harder to know where those kittens come from, and whether they are healthy.

Check with your neighborhood vet store- they often have whole litters of kittens for adoption.

Parke Centenario on weekends is also a good bet, but it is harder to know where those kittens come from, and whether they are healthy.
This is also a good suggestion, my friend got his cats via the person who found them listing them on a poster at the pet store, and I saw some at our vet's recently.

Back