Petroleum Geologist seeking to relocate.

ldoyel

Registered
Hey Guys,
I am seeking to relocate to Argentina. I hold a MS in GEOLOGY from OU and have over 10 years of industry experience. I was seeking any advice about living, petroleum geology jobs with operators and any other advice. All you help will be greatly appreciated!

It6 seems that the best chance maybe in the new British platform OCEAN GUARDIAN north of the Falkland-Malvinas island. Good luck, and watch for Mirage airplanes.

Thanks,
But what would be super helpful is a list of operators.

HenryNisental said:
It6 seems that the best chance maybe in the new British platform OCEAN GUARDIAN north of the Falkland-Malvinas island. Good luck, and watch for Mirage airplanes.

Thats means nice?? funny , or something like that?
My Friend , that subject its so delicate,the Ocean Guardian is the one that have to be carefull, not the mirages.....

what does your country do at similar conditions... if another country put there in your cost 14.000 km away a platform?

Hi, I reckon you have good chances of finding a job.
After a quick search I found this.
Try to search that job database, I see regularly vacant positions in the oil industry.
Do you speak Spanish?

My Spanish is weak, but like other technical fields, you can usually get by with English only. The only operator I know of down there is Chevron, but they are a small operator (90,000 BOPD). I really just wanted to see if there were any expats on this form in the industry. Its a very small industry and as long as I can make contact with someone connected, I feel I have a good chance at employment.

Thanks for your help.

ldoyel said:
Hey Guys,
I am seeking to relocate to Argentina. I hold a MS in GEOLOGY from OU and have over 10 years of industry experience. I was seeking any advice about living, petroleum geology jobs with operators and any other advice. All you help will be greatly appreciated!

Read the article in this weeks Economist on oil in Argentina(linked below) indicating a lack of activity in Argentina in this industry.

http://www.economist.com/world/americas/displaystory.cfm?story_id=15546482

This could change with a new government but that would be close to two years away if it happens. My guess is that there would be fairly slim pickings for jobs today but you never know.

I think a better bet in S.A. today would be Brazil which seems to be actively developing this industry and has announced a number of finds offshore in the last couple of years.

I know a geologist who works for PETROBRAS in Brazil. She travels a lot, but last I heard she was working on an off-shore oil rig off the coast of Natal (northeastern Brazil). If you're interested, send me your e-mail address, and I'll forward that to her.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Jobs 0
Back