Phones: Movistar/personal/claro?

I had the same issue with personnel and disappearing credit, so I ended up switching to Quam which runs on the Movistar network which has worked out great for me so far 90 pesos a month for 1.5gb internet 100 minutes talk and 5000 text.
https://www.quam.com.ar/combos/

Is Quam worth the change in companies? I used Personal and had bad service, and switched to Movistar when I bought my first iPhone and the 3G never worked. I'm using Personal, which is slightly better than Movistar as far as signal goes. I have the abono fijo plan for $140/mes, and I discount $34 pesos from that and get unlimited internet usage for an entire month.

I seem to be getting a lot of interrupted service lately on my Movistar plan. Over the last week or so many times I've not been able to make/receive calls, send texts, etc.

Has anyone else had this problem with Movistar?

Yes.

Also... I think that we're all getting unwillingly subscribed to information services and silly things we never asked for. I for one am getting sick of adding 100 in credit.. make virtually no calls and suddenly being told my balance is 0.

Cell phones companies are just another example of how they laugh in our faces. No wonder why the government did not allow to rise their prices this year saying the service is awful. Which it is.
The thing is that companies, to provide a normal service, must invest to have a good number of anthenas. But they dont. They choose instead to colapse thier lines, making comunications really bad. Thats why we almost cant have a good phone call without getting interrupted. They charge only for the first 30 seconds, so they have no problem of expelling your call so another new call can occupy that place. Thats why when your call gets cut no matter how you try, you can not talk again for a few minutes. They want new calls so they can charge the first 30 seconds.

I watched on tv, it was something like:

London: 300 lines per anthena
Madrid: 500 lines per anthena
Santiago: 800 lines per anthena
Sao Paulo: 1000 lines per anthena
Buenos Aires: 2500 lines per anthena

When I see the technology offering 10 giga-bits per second in order to watch the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in a vivid ultra high definition
16 times clear of now in use 1080i resolution ! Can one imagine the lightning fast speed for you to be able to connect anywhere in the world with no more agonising wait-wait till getting it to you.! The 5G technology is being tested already...

http://www.neowin.net/news/japan-is-aiming-to-launch-5g-by-2020

Cell phones companies are just another example of how they laugh in our faces. No wonder why the government did not allow to rise their prices this year saying the service is awful. Which it is.
The thing is that companies, to provide a normal service, must invest to have a good number of anthenas. But they dont. They choose instead to colapse thier lines, making comunications really bad. Thats why we almost cant have a good phone call without getting interrupted. They charge only for the first 30 seconds, so they have no problem of expelling your call so another new call can occupy that place. Thats why when your call gets cut no matter how you try, you can not talk again for a few minutes. They want new calls so they can charge the first 30 seconds.

I watched on tv, it was something like:

London: 300 lines per anthena
Madrid: 500 lines per anthena
Santiago: 800 lines per anthena
Sao Paulo: 1000 lines per anthena
Buenos Aires: 2500 lines per anthena

Also partly down to the government not selling the entire 2g and 3g spectrum. They gave them to the national satellite company or something who then sat on them and did nothing.
They were looking to sell them along with the 4g spectrum. Fingers crossed!

With Personal it sounds like a pure scam. I had the same issue with my Personal service.

Go to a Personal main branch and kick up a fuss.

They credited me the last 2 charges I had lost into thin air and 'fixed the problem'.

Fingers crossed.

I just called Personal to complain that in Caballito I constantly lose my signal, so they assume my new iPhone 5 is the problem and I assured them it wasn't since I was abroad and it worked perfectly. They didn't want to take the blame so the credited me $50 for the next three months. How generous of them. LOL.

Back