Phuket

First....I have no interest in the Phuket restaurant.

Second....Went last night and it was terrific. Really good Thai food and really spicy (HOT). Reservations suggested.

Phuket
Honduras 4169 (near Gascon)
4861 1679
phuketwok.com.ar

T/

Thanks for the suggestion!
I've past it a few times, I'll put it on my list of places to go.

Grrr! I lived 3 blocks away from this place for 2 years and never went for some odd reason. It's on my list to go to, thank you.

Enfunda la Mandolina is nearby and is quite good too.

What kind of food, and address please?
Thanks, N

Salguero 1440 (corner of Honduras is close by)
Food...a bit of everything which matches their sort of eclectic, random collection ambiance. Funky ways to serve food (sauces in thimbles, side items in odd random jars). It's a fun place to eat.

Hmm... never got to try the food there, as we were treated like crap the one time we went there, and ended up leaving before getting a table.

It was over a year ago. Made a reservation earlier that day for 8pm and showed up on time (party of 4). We were really excited to try the food based on recommendations from here. When we got there, an older guy on a t-shirt and jeans received us. Could tell right away he was having a bad day by the look on his face. We were the first ones there, and he literally he unlocked the doors for us to open the place up. It looked like they were still getting cleaning and ready. Without so much checking, he then proceeded to tell us we had no reservation. I told him we called earlier and spoke with a woman. He said "you MUST have called the wrong number. You must be mistaken. I don't have a table for you". No apologies, no nothing. After some back and forth (we really wanted to try this place), he finally offered a table outside with some flimsy lawn chairs. I asked him if we could at least have ONE of the sturdier wood chairs from inside, since one of us in our party of 4 could easily break those flimsy chair. He replied, "nope. can't do it." ... Basically take it or leave it.

We ended up leaving. We got out a lot, and I don't recall ever having to leave a restaurant due to bad service. The place was totally empty, and for some reason he seemed like he did not want us there. I was fuming after that since we had two guests with us we invited out for Thai that night, and were treated like shit. The food there can be the best Thai ever, but we're never going back there.

I Have to diagree... Phuket isn't good at all. I remember I ordered some Pad thai and I got regular noodles (the ones you'd use to make spaghetti) with crushed peanuts, vegetables and a whole bunch of other things. It was almost like they had "Argentinized" the food .... It wasn't necessarily horrible tasting, but it didn't taste like what I remember Pad thai to taste. I asked the lady if the noodles they used were rice noodles and she simply said "No...those arent imported into Argentina"

The other day in the Barrio Chino I stumbled across some rice noodles so... go figure

I went to eat in 'Phuket' 2-3 times in last 1 year. Each time I found it closed! It seems the owenr sometimes just closes the restaurante and just vanishes!

I have to laugh. My son, a friend and I once visited some people in Santiago, Chile. He was married to a Colombian woman who had a business there. She decided to close and spend the time we were there with us. I said, "But can you do that? What about your customers?" She said, "Well, it's my business, I can close it if I want to." Hahahahaha. I don't think any U. S. business would do that, including me! If I have hours publicized, I'm going to be open! Ah the latin mindset.

I went to Phuket finally. The 'wild goose chase' of finding it closed on normal days ended and I ate food.

HORRIBLE

Horrible food, horrible service.

Prices were Ok.

I will not repeat.

Back