Place for large family

Uruguay does not tax on worldwide income, Argentina does. And if you have residence in Uruguay you can go whereever you want :)

You would still have to pay the IRS, but there is no way to get around that if you want to keep your pasport

If you feel the US is headed for disaster, I'd say Argentina will most likely pave the way. Chile is a much better bet for financial stability. Colombia is definately headed in the right direction, but its the lone country surrounded by a bunch of places that could soon collapse. If you want stability and a high quality of life maybe you should consider Australia, NZ or even Canada.

He would not be financially dependent on Argentina and if the economy crashes it would become cheaper and he would have the wired security of a Country

You must have a really good crystal ball. I wish I could feel this certain of something. I can remember that guy back in the mid 80s who wrote that book predicting the entire collapse of the United States financial system in 1989. He made a fortune appearing on talk shows and selling his book Well it has been over 20 years and it has not quite happened yet. I have some far "right" christian friends who have been predicting this collapse for over 10 years. I have friends who prepared for the nuclear holocost when Reagan was elected. I have a relative who prepared for the collapse of the american way of life in 2000 ushering in Y2k. I have an annuity from a swiss company and I subscribe to their newsletter and it has been full of predictions of the U.S. economy for the last 20 years and so far they have been wrong most of the time. I am certainly no genious, have no real economic education other than freshman level economics classes in college but one thing I am certain of is that predicting the future is pure luck.

Good thoughts. We'll see. I really do appreciate the responses. All the information was been food for thought and for good discussion with my wife. This is the first time I have used a forum and impressed with the quick easy and helpful information you can get. Thanks again.

Except for the two comments, but I suppose there's always going to be your kind. I am making no predictions, just introducing myself per the forum's request. I do not plan on selling any books etc. (nor do I need to), but I think I am entitled to my opinion, which has served well for my clients. For the rest of you who have taken the time to provide helpful information... thank you.

Back