Polleria/Poultry Shops

mikew

Registered
Does anybody know of any decent pollerias in Buenos Aires? Preferably the closer to Retiro/Recoleta, the better. It seems like every time I've seen one, it's been way the hell out of the city proper, and we're in a dire chicken wing emergency right now.

Thanks in advance. =)

I can't help you with a recommendation in Recoleta. But if it's an emergency and you can travel up here to Palermo, there is one on Scalabrini Ortiz (& Santa Fe). It's on the first two way block from Santa Fe on the side of the street that drives toward Santa Fe.

I know there are Avicar shops all over the place --- closest one to Recoleta I know is on Laprida & Las Heras

The one on my street in Cabalito has every piece of chicken available and at good prices - manejares de pollo I think its called , corner of diaz velez and rio de janeiro...not recoleta I know but if youre price conscious it works!

We ended up being able to get some from the Avicar on Arenales. About 20 blocks from our place but could have been worse. We are throwing a party Sunday and without chicken wings, it could have gotten ugly :) Thanks all.

Back