Polo Friday Nov 20?

milo.b

Registered
Hi everyone!

We're looking to go to a Polo match with some friends that are in town on Friday 20 Nov, does anyone have any idea whether there's a match that day, and if so how we'd go about buying tickets?

Thanks heaps!
M

Are you talking about the Open in Palermo? That is played on Saturday and Sunday - it starts next weekend so the dates (rain dependent of course) are 14/15, 21/22, 28/29 of Nov and the final is the 5th of December.

There are of course lots of matches going on outside of Cap Fed.

Do you know where we can get some more information about the Open in Palermo? My roommates and I would like to go to a match this weekend (Nov 14 or 15). Do we need to buy tickets in advance? Where is it held? Any information you have would help! Thank you!

The Open is played at the polo fields in Las Canitas (Libertador y Dorrego) - across from the race track. There is an entrance on Libertador.

You *should* be able to buy tix at the game tomorrow, the first weekend doesn't usually sell out. Not sure on the price for individual game - probably 35 pesos for the cheap tix (Dorrego Central) for the games this weekend (prices go up during the tournament). The tix is for both games on that day. Usually individual tix for the semis are around 80 and the final is 150.

This is the schedule:
Sábado 14/11/09 – Zona A
14.30 - Cancha 2: Ellerstina vs. Alegría (1)
17.00 - Cancha 1: Pilará vs. Indios Chapaleufú II (2)

Domingo 15/11/09 – Zona B
14.30 - Cancha 2: La Dolfina vs. El Paraíso (3)
17.00 - Cancha 1: La Aguada vs. Chapa Uno (4)

Sábado 21/11/09 – Zona A
14.30 - Cancha 2: Ganador (2) vs. Perdedor (1)
17.00 - Cancha 1: Ganador (1) vs. Perdedor (2)

Domingo 22/11/09 – Zona B
14.30 - Cancha 2: Ganador (4) vs. Perdedor (3)
17.00 - Cancha 1: Ganador (3) vs. Perdedor (4)

Sábado 28/11/09 – Zona A
14.30 - Cancha 2: Perdedor (1) vs. Perdedor (2)
17.00 - Cancha 1: Ganador (1) vs. Ganador (2)

Domingo 29/11/09 – Zona B
14.30 - Cancha 2: Perdedor (3) vs. Perdedor (4)
17.00 - Cancha 1: Ganador (3) vs. Ganador (4)

Sábado 05/12/09

Final 116º Campeonato Argentino Abierto de Polo
17.00 - Cancha 1: 1º Zona A vs. 1º Zona B

Thanks loads for the info - sorry just saw this! The open was great :)

Yes. It was amazing!
I heard there was no more polo there on the fields in Palermo. But that they still play for a few more months.
Can anyone fill me in?

Hey mini,

I originally got info about the open at http://www.aapolo.com/

just had a quick scan through the website and the tournaments listed seem to start from Feb onwards. I'm hoping there's more sooner than that though - would really appreciate any more info if anyone has any

Cheers

As a polo player, I can tell you that there are almost certainly no tournaments before February. The polo season is divided into two halves and there's a month off between them in January. This is done because 1) it's hot, 2) everybody's on vacation, and 3) our horses need a break. Did I mention it was hot? It's no fun playing when it's hot.

smirkypants said:
As a polo player, I can tell you that there are almost certainly no tournaments before February. The polo season is divided into two halves and there's a month off between them in January. This is done because 1) it's hot, 2) everybody's on vacation, and 3) our horses need a break. Did I mention it was hot? It's no fun playing when it's hot.

It's no fun watching when it's too hot either!! :D
Do keep us updated. I totally fell in love with polo & would love to see more.

My polo club in Cañuelas has chukkers three or four times a week starting in February. The level of play is fairly high and there are three professional quality fields. On weekends there's an Asado lunch if there's interest. It also has a little boutique hotel if you want to stay the night and a pool as well. It's really nice. If there's interest, I could probably get a good rate for a group (and no, I'm not going to get any kind of cut). The site is http://puestoviejopoloclub.com/ (Puesto Viejo Polo Club) but it appears to be down at the moment. Like I said, there won't be anything for a few weeks, though.

Back