Postal Services in BsAs

harry.falconer

Registered
Hi everyone,

seeing as this seems the only place where you can get good accurate information i was wondering if anyone knew how the postal service works here. I need to send off for a new passport but ive heard if you go down to the mail Correo on Sarimento it can take a whole day. What are my other options? Seeing as i have to send my application to Washington im guessing express delivery but i have no idea how to do this. If anyone can help that would awesome. thanks all

on top of the above question, where would i be able to find a big enough envelope to put my application in? thanks

harry.falconer said:
Hi everyone,
I need to send off for a new passport but ive heard if you go down to the mail Correo...

You should file your application for new passport in person at the USA Consulate.

igor said:
if you qualify

Passport renewal without an appointment
To renew your passport without an appointment you MUST answer YES to ALL three requirements:
• Can present your most recent passport,
• Were at least 16 years old when that passport was issued,
• That passport was issued within the last 15 years.

You should file your application for new passport in person at the USA Consulate.

you should call or contact the american consulate...it is fairly easy and straightforward

http://argentina.usembassy.gov/passports.html

If you're British, going to the US consulate won't do you a lot of good. :)

I would send anything by DHL or Fedex. Argentina's post simply isn't trustworthy for important documents. I've heard you can have your papers sent to the DHL office and pick them up there (at least that's what a friend told me she is doing with her passport for the American visa.)

Not sure where you can buy an envelope, but you should be able to find them at the paper/school supply stores or where they sell office supplies. Sometimes you have to ask the clerk since it may be out of sight.

Since OP said "Washington" I think we are assuming they are from U.S.
If this is the case --- yes, go to the embassy. It is a much better option. If you absolutely prefer to send by mail then absolutely ONLY DHL, FedEx or UPS. All three have offices in Capital. You may also see some kioskos with FedEx signs --- they have all the materials (airfield and envelopes) and can accept payment.

Back