Potential Jobs With Dni

Sorry I have to do this, but since you want to teach English... "payed" is not a word, as "pay" is an irregular verb. Pay - paid - paid. Invest in a grammar book before increasing your rate.

And before the peanut gallery gets too exercised - I'm not picking on a typo here. This is a basic grammar issue and I'm making a larger point that being a native speaker is not a guarantee of quality when it comes to teaching English as a foreign language (in fact, I'd say it's neither necessary nor sufficient).

Wow, I have seen mercadolibre and craigslist quotes between 100-200. Anything above, you must be teaching in offices and real professional English. Is that your sole income here?

Yes, teaching is my sole source of income. No offices, just private clases in people's homes. It might depend if you are qualified/ have experience, but all the teachers I know charge about the same - 200 minimum if they travel to the student's home or work. That's really not much money for the kind of people who can afford private tuition. People pay their psychoanalysts at least 500 pesos for a 45-minute session, and as teachers we usually end up providing the same service but with a bit of English tuition thrown in as a bonus

Hm, psychoanalysts are usually charging way below 500, but of course sky is the limit. But I guess it's understandable, that someone want sanity more than English, even if it's not achievable ;)

I'm going to sound rude here and apologies but as an 18 YO, you're really not qualified to teach English. Being a teacher, esp ESL, requires not only a strong grasp of English grammar and rules but also being a qualified teacher which requires advanced (at least university) studies.

To the OP - your best bet as a young man - is find work in a bar or restaurant. Or potentially as a entry level person in an office although you may make more money in the hospitality industry.

Back