precaria canceled a few days before a planned trip

greenglasses

Registered
Hi everyone,

I had been able to renew my precaria and even went to Migraciones (near Avenida de Mayo) twice to make sure everything was going well because I faced a few bureaucratic hardships as I was working on my residencia. My latest precaria was supposed to valid until February 2, 2024.

Because I thought everything was going fine I booked a flight to visit my family for a month and leave on December 4. I am supposed to return on January 5, 2024.

Yesterday I got a letter explaining that my precaria was canceled because I hadn't fulfilled requirements. I had a friend read over this (he's a lawyer) and he explained that the letter only says I haven't "fulfilled requirements" but doesn't explain which one(s).

As a safety, I was able to get an in-person appointment (asesoramiento) tomorrow so I can talk to someone and see what advice they can give me, or let me know if I'll have to pay a fine before leaving the country.

I have 24 hours to prepare and plan to take everything I uploaded to the system as well as a letter explaining why it took me so long to get a document from Ministerio de Salud, something I spoke to Migraciones about in person sometime in late April. For added context, I was requesting a residencia due to medical reasons. That's one of the categories available to expats and I've been going through the private system.

I'm just venting for now but if anyone has any words of wisdom I'd appreciate them. They gave me a few options:

- start all over again within 30 days and pay the fee
- request an appeal. There are two options: one needs to be done within 10 days, the other within 15 days.

Thanks for reading this. Also, if anyone has been through this and wants to vent that's fine as well.

Back