Precaria > Pension Visa > Residence Visa?

I don't know. Other people may. Remember that at that point in the process you are just another tourist wanting to enter the country to have a look around for 90 days. You don't have any status other than that. So the question is: can a tourist enter the country with a dog?

I entered Argentina for the first time with a dog and was granted a 90 day tourist visa.

When I entered I knew very little about migraciones or temporary or permanent residency.

Thanks to my first and only Argentine girlfriend who I met a week later, I learned a lot... very quickly.

I got a 90 day extension
I am a bit battle hardened re a multiple of visas as I drove from US/MX border Baja to Panama with dog, this year. So many different documents and requirements for dog and truck. I was the easy part.

Yes. Truck 30 days. I am referring to Central America in my experience.

I brought 7 cats (I had to make two separate flights to do that) when I had no status other than tourist. That was in 2004, after I bought my apartment. Nobody questioned it, but I did have to go to a control location to show proof of rabies vaccinations.

We’ve been bringing Blanca, our dog, for years. There’s paperwork needed to be done in the US by a vet that has the proper authority. Then send it to your states capital to get the appropriate stamp of approval. When you arrive (Only done this through EZE), you skip the long line for baggage scan, and go to the SENASA booth on the right hand side. They’ll look over your paperwork assess a fee that you’ll have to pay at the next booth, back to SENASA, and they’ll hand you the appropriate paperwork. All in all likely took less time than standing in the line. Caveat: My wife is an Argentine citizen and my Spanish is lacking so there may have been more going on there than I realized or remembered.

Attachments

• IMG_7511.jpeg
    IMG_7511.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
Back