Prednisone

Spfly731

Registered
I have been breaking out in hives…does anyone know the equivalent to prednisone here? I know the translation is "Predisolone", but is that what I would ask for at the "farmacia"? Thanks for you help - this country gets me itchy.

Prednisone is pretty hard core for hives, I would think starting with something similar to Benadryl would be effective... Benadryls main ingredient is diphenhydramine, if you ask for that at a farmacia you should be able to get something to take care of the issue.

Prednisone has many other side effects, and should be taken in a tapered dose...

You can also find something similar to Claritin, ask for Loratadine, this is more for allergies, but would be a longer term option.

I have tried a million things in the States with my doctor, but the only thing that seems to "calm" is the Predisone - I only take during break outs, it seems to control it. Thanks for your reply.

just for future use -- Benadryl is available here, under the name... Bendaryl.

One note on the Benadryl here: it's a brand name here and not necessarily diphenhydramine like in the US. Often times if you ask a pharmacist here for Benadryl, you will get Benadryl brand loratadin (ie, Allegra in the US). If you want a specific anti-histamine, be specific about the generic name.

I have been breaking out in hives…does anyone know the equivalent to prednisone here? I know the translation is "Predisolone", but is that what I would ask for at the "farmacia"? Thanks for you help - this country gets me itchy.

I use Prednisone for occasional back spasms. It's available over the counter as "Metilpres" in 5 mg tablets, usually boxes of 40, I think. In small print, it says "Prednisona."

I use Prednisone for occasional back spasms. It's available over the counter as "Metilpres" in 5 mg tablets, usually boxes of 40, I think. In small print, it says "Prednisona."
It is very effective at relieving aynrandisis.

Back