Pregnancy in BA

MrsT

Registered
Hi ladies - I was hoping to see if you girls could share how smoothly (or not) your pregnancy went down here. Trying to figure out logistics (ie, pregnacy here, delivery there, etc).

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

MrsT said:
Hi ladies - I was hoping to see if you girls could share how smoothly (or not) your pregnancy went down here. Trying to figure out logistics (ie, pregnacy here, delivery there, etc).

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Having had my 1st baby in Us and 2nd here in Bsas Id say Bsas won for prenatal care and delivery. I had a great birth in US - in fact any healthy baby is a success but in Bsas I alos had a great OB, fantastic midwife and loved the hospital (La Suiza) - my husband didnt arrive on time for the birth so it was just me and 4 ladies who previously were complete strangers to me but so special for supporting me through the birth. Contrary to what some will tell you noone forced me to have a Csection, nor an epidural or episiotomy - the choice is yours as long as you have a good relationship with the team you chose. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend birth in bsas....

I am in my 8th month of pregnancy and have had a wonderful experience so far with my doctor, OB care, etc. here in BA. I can't say its the same as it is in North America - but I have been comfortable with it. I actually am a L&D and maternity nurse back in the States and have worked with many women who have given birth down here. If you need resources there is a wonderful new mom's group made up of expats - most of which have given birth here within the last year. Send me a personal message if you are interested in the group or check out my website which has several other pregnancy in Buenos Aires resources if you have any questions.

Good luck!
buenosairesbabies.com

hello,
i am originally from the united states & have been living in argentina the last few years. i am 6 months pregnant with my first baby & am really happy with the medical attention i have gotten from my obgyn & am planning on giving birth at the hospital suizo. i was wondering if anybody could recommend a mothers to be group (expat or argentine.)

thank you for any suggestions!

Back