Prices for temporary rentals

We had lunch in that restaurant once before - the three course + soft drink fixed price lunch was ninety pesos for two, an even hundred with tip. But eating a la carte was a different story.

I still find Argentina very cheap compared to the US and Europe. The food is cheaper here as is the real estate as is the overall cost of living. But I'm from California, maybe it's different in New York.

And yes, high end restaurants here are incredibly cheap when compared to high end restaurants in the US. It really is almost 4 to 1.

I guess it really depends on the individual, but to me Argentina is still really cheap compared to the US, at least for the lifestyle I live.

SaraSara said:
We had lunch in that restaurant once before - the three course + soft drink fixed price lunch was ninety pesos for two, an even hundred with tip. But eating a la carte was a different story.

You can find lunch even in Puerto Madero for about 25 pp

HotYogaTeacher said:
BA is NOTHING like Sydney, one of the cleanest, most organized, beautiful cities I've ever visited. And you're right, it's nothing like NY either. Yes, it does matter to tourists what countries in SA are cheap. It's why it took so long for the people on this site to start admitting that prices were getting crazy. They needed to believe it was cheap because otherwise why stay where it's dirty, disorganized and frustrating, unless you tango or work here. Tourists are shocked when they come here how expensive it is and they talk about it when they go home. If you think that doesn't effect tourism, think again. They need to get prices down otherwise there is no reason to keep this place on the list rather than some other city in a Spanish speaking country elsewhere...

Yeah nothing like Sydney, as Buenos Aires is far more exciting, architecturally superior, way more cultural and with far better looking people, and yes overall half price of Sydney (with the very strong Aussie dollar). I am partly from Australia and arrived from Europe- London a few months ago, although it is not the dirt cheap place it used to be, it is still half of European prices overall. The things I do here, I could not imagine in London. Quite frankly, I have to leave Buenos Aires in September and quite sad to leave, partly because of my lifestyle and the amazing energy here.

Maybe if you compare it to London, but definitly not if you compare it with Germany, Holland or Spain

Again a small kick.

I was for a beer in Shamrock today and about a year ago this place would be packed on a thursday and about 20-30% would be foreign. The place was half emty and hardly any foreigners. Maybe there are less foreigners living in BA then let's say a year ago but they definitly have dissapeard in the bars/disco's.

I don't know how it is in lets say Kika on a tuesday, lost on thursday or places like Alamo or Sugar, but I doubt its a lot different

qwerty said:
Maybe if you compare it to London, but definitly not if you compare it with Germany, Holland or Spain

Sure, comparing with UK (despite the weak sterling for a while, but getting better.. £1= 6.27 pesos today), Switzerland, Scandinavian countries and Italy.

Back