Prices on pedicures, waxing, hair cut etc.

MariainDC

Registered
Hello, as I am budgeting for my internship I wanted to ask about prices for some beauty salon services. I remember last year while on vacation I paid the equivalent of USD 12 for waxing (half leg) at a nice place in Recoleta.

What would some prices be for waxing, pedicure, hair cut and highlights be at a mid-range place? Thanks!

I pay 60 pesos for waxing at a decent place in Belgrano, 80 pesos for a hairdresser that cuts my hair at my home (that does not include washing or blow-drying...but he's really good so I don't care) and around 200-250 for highlights at a salon in Palermo (not including blow-drying)...I think that's about normal for good, but not luxurious places.
I find, with good salons, that they will charge an absolute fortune for extras like a mediocre L'oreal conditioning treatment or ampolla, a slightly better shampoo, etc and will offer them to you casually with no mention of the price. I refuse everything except for what I go in for (the highlights) and it has cut my bill in half. I bring nice products from the UK and just condition my hair at home.

Ashley said:
I pay 60 pesos for waxing at a decent place in Belgrano, 80 pesos for a hairdresser that cuts my hair at my home (that does not include washing or blow-drying...but he's really good so I don't care) and around 200-250 for highlights at a salon in Palermo (not including blow-drying)...I think that's about normal for good, but not luxurious places.
Ashley, this is super helpful, thanks very much! I love my hairdresser here in DC so I am getting highlights from her next week, but she is sooo expensive so I might hold off on the actual cut.

Hey NOLAchef, I'm pretty sure my hairdresser isn't taking on new clients (he quit hairdressing a few years ago and has been cutting the hair of his old clients since then to make some money on the side every few weekends)...but he is coming over this weekend so I'll ask him and then PM you his number if he is.
MariainDC...The guy that does my highlights is really good, if you want to wait until you're here. He's called "fabio" and he works at Ambient Hair in Palermo (along Charcas). I've been following him from salon to salon for at least 7 years now and have always been really pleased with his work.

ray is really nice. would recommend him!
forwaxing legs, armpit, eyebrows I pay 50-60php,but she is located in Almagro. Pm me,if you need her contact.

Thank you all! Ashley, I will check him out for next time - I desperately need some highlights so I am getting them here in DC next week. (I live in the middle of the city and only go to the suburbs to get my hair done, I love my stylist!)

Lexilein, will send you a pm. Thanks!

Got partial highlights last night, outside of DC, and that, without a cut, was US$95... wow. The haircut will wait until I arrive in AR. Actually I think I will grow out my hair for a while, it is shoulder length but it seems to me that all Argentine women have long hair!

Back