Prince William's Falklands deployment

He is apparently leaving the UK tonight.
Also the sending of a Type 45 destroyer to the islands has also been announced.
All routine of course, but April 2 isn't that far away.

He was actually scheduled to deploy several months ago . The Destroyer , on the other hand , not so much of a coincidence

Some Kirchner aides have gone further, warning that Argentine forces could mount a new attack to seize the islands.

Is this true? I haven't read it anywhere else.

scotttswan said:
Is this true? I haven't read it anywhere else.

With Chilean fire departments better prepared and trained than the Argentine military, I would imagine any agression by Argentina would sputter right from the start. However, if the economy in Argentina begins a precipitous decline and revenue falls short, I wouldn´t put it past Cristina to pull a ¨Wag the Dog¨ type of distraction.

Aconcagua said:
With Chilean fire departments better prepared and trained than the Argentine military,¨ type of distraction.

I would imagine the "tramites" required to bring a tank out of its garage would be enough to pursued anyone not to bother !

Aconcagua said:
With Chilean fire departments better prepared and trained than the Argentine military, I would imagine any agression by Argentina would sputter right from the start.

The Telegraph ran an article this weekend from a MOD chief who thinks otherwise..thinks Uk would struggle to win this time around having sold off the harriers etc..not saying I agree, just reporting back from the media (!)

Some Kirchner aides have gone further, warning that Argentine forces could mount a new attack to seize the islands.

If this were to happen, what would be the implications for Brit expats?

fifs2 said:
Aconcagua said:
With Chilean fire departments better prepared and trained than the Argentine military, I would imagine any agression by Argentina would sputter right from the start.

The Telegraph ran an article this weekend from a MOD chief who thinks otherwise..thinks Uk would struggle to win this time around having sold off the harriers etc..not saying I agree, just reporting back from the media (!)

The aircraft carrier might be a stumbling block but they could certainly acquire other air assets. There´s a rather large North American country winding down a war or two. They probably wouldn´t mind divesting equipment and spare parts to an ally.

Back