Private Spanish Tutor for basic Spanish next week?

Aron

Registered
I’m looking for BASIC Spanish conversation practice each morning next week, paid. Perhaps spend each morning at a coffee shop?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hey I can recommend someone thats great, she does mostly online lessons but perhaps can do the coffee in person. Are you around zona norte?

What price range did have you have in mind or are you looking for?

I think it depends alot on the experience of the person ranging from $25usd to even $50 per hour if its something professional. At least that has been my experience.

Why not try to engage a complete stranger in a conversation? You buy the coffee.

I had an hour conversation yesterday morning with a stranger at the plaza where I meditate and walk. I initiated a conversation with him. Why? Because he was jumping rope and smiled back. He reminded me of my youth when my sister and I were avid rope jumpers. We began talking about music. Our conversation was very interesting for both of us. We stood even though there were benches. We both lost track of time. There was nothing more important at the moment.

I’m still at the struggling stage where it’s not really fair to other person. I would love to

I think it depends alot on the experience of the person ranging from $25usd to even $50 per hour if its something professional.
$25 an hour?! You're paying through your nose. Most teachers are $10-$15 an hour if they officially target expats; a more local teacher is $6 an hour; I was paying that a few months ago

$25 an hour?! You're paying through your nose. Most teachers are $10-$15 an hour if they officially target expats; a more local teacher is $6 an hour; I was paying that a few months ago

I took Spanish classes in Bogota and met a few tourists who had recently passed through Buenos Aires and recommended Vamos Academy (https://vamospanish.com). They have excellent Google reviews, 4.8 star average with close to 1,200 reviews. According to their website the rate for private classes is $12.50 per hour USD, with no registration fees.

I took Spanish classes in Bogota and met a few tourists who had recently passed through Buenos Aires and recommended Vamos Academy (https://vamospanish.com). They have excellent Google reviews, 4.8 star average with close to 1,200 reviews. According to their website the rate for private classes is $12.50 per hour USD, with no registration fees.
Thanks. I’m currently finishing 2 weeks there, group classes level 1-3 now. They do not have a class at the next level 1-4 next week; they’re saying they have less students and are struggling to hire teachers. A friend from class was disappointed with his private lesson there.

I was planning to go to Patagonia next week but re-injured a bad back at Vamos when I was given a broken chair that someone reassembled poorly, like a middle school joke (something that would have closed a school down in the US), so putting that trip off for a week.

I have hired a tutor from Mercado Libre for 2 hours a morning - I’m doing it at a cafe in Palermo for fun. I’ll let you know how this works out.

In Mercado Libre there are a lot of ads with a range of qualifications and rates.

Back