Product Dev Lead Roles At Mercadolibre

wongjoh

Registered
I know this is a little throwing a dart in the dark, but I also know the BAExpat community is wide and deep ...

I'm looking to fill a few project lead and manager roles for my teams at MercadoLibre. These are senior product development roles, which combine product management and software development.

--

MercadoLibre is the largest e-commerce ecosystem in latin america, serving 13 countries including Brazil and Argentina. Think of it as a combination of Ebay and Amazon, or as an Alibaba + Logistics/Fulfillment. It includes the marketplace, a payments solution, an online stores solution, advertising, shipping and fulfillment, and ERP software for large retailers. MELI make software used by millions of consumers, and IMHO, it has one of the best cultures not only in the region but also worldwide (and I've been around).

Ideal requirements:
* Experience leading product development teams in launching and evolving consumer-facing products
* Technical expertise: can talk architecture, speed, module design and knows code, by actual experience
* Product savviness: knows what a good product design is, mobile-first, trade-off between ideal and pragmatic
* Highly analytical: drives metrics / KPIs, can see 2nd and 3rd level implications
* People developer: pushes his/her team to grow in all previous areas, actually makes other people better

Not requirements:
* Perfect spanish (although there is a benefit to laughing at porteno jokes)
* Citizenship or residence (we'll sponsor)

What we offer:
* Opportunity to really work on definition and execution of new products/functionalities that impact millions of people in LatAm
* Environment of smart, hard-working, and humble people who love what they do and work well together to get things done
* Among the best benefits for LatAm companies / Highly competitive comp

What we don't offer:
* A tech consulting role, we care about delivery but also about quality and maintenance
* Arm-chair quarterbacking, this is not a "people coordinator" role - you know your stuff, and you drive initiatives "in the field"

Might apply to you and you are intrigued?
Send me email at [email protected] and we'll have a quick chat. I will not waste your time, we'll quickly determine if this makes sense for both parties

Sadly the tech reqs are outside of my scope. I sent you a connect request on Linkedin, I'll mention it to a few friends and see if they might have interest. If they do, I'll pass their info along. Good luck!

Yes, please feel free to spread this to your friends/associates. BTW, this is not limited to local candidates, but also open to relocate folks from other parts of the world (and also welcome them to the BAExpats forum)

I met a two of the developers from MercadoLibre (named Fernando and Matías) in 2013 when I first visited BA. They were really friendly, seemed to really like their job, etc. If I were looking for a dev job locally, I'd definitely consider MercadoLibre. When I said I was moving to BA, they did ask if I was looking for a job :)

I can't see any option to use foreign credit card - all of them ask for an Argentine DNI?

Back