Proof Of Residency In Us For Ayuda Familiar

sab15

Registered
Hi,

Citibank needs proof of residence of my family member living in the US and they will not accept a utility bill. I asked the rep at the bank what else I could use and she said a certificate of residence. I don't think that exists. Does it? Does anyone know what they might accept instead of that? I called the US Citibank customer help line and they have no idea. He suggested perhaps a driver's license.

Thanks in advance.

SB

Hi,

Citibank needs proof of residence of my family member living in the US and they will not accept a utility bill. I asked the rep at the bank what else I could use and she said a certificate of residence. I don't think that exists. Does it? Does anyone know what they might accept instead of that? I called the US Citibank customer help line and they have no idea. He suggested perhaps a driver's license.

Thanks in advance.

SB

Possibly a voter registration card?

I had this problem 3 months ago. Solution: write out, in English, your own certificate of residency (base it exactly on an Argentine certificate of residency). Take it to a UPS store in the US and have a notary stamp it.

Send it to Argentina via FedEx and have an official translator there translate it into Spanish.

Voila! Certificate of residency from the US. It costs 10USD to notarize something (in California).

This was the solution I found since there are no certificates of residency in the US. (I didn't know about the IRS one, and I would rather save myself the headache of trying to have one translated, anyways).

I find it so funny that they are still asking for this certificate for people in the US when it doesn't exist. Surely enough people have told them by now that it doesn't!

When I went to remit amount through Banco Frances... they asked me the same, and I was confused. So me and my lawyer came up with the Idea: My birth Certificate duly notarized and also signed and stamp from Argentinian embassy in my country. That did the trick now I can remit certain amount to my mother's account "ONLY". If I want to remit to my sister's account I will have to do the same thing i.e. Birth certificate of my sister where mother's and father's name mentioned. I guess there is no hard and fast rule regarding. It depends upon manager mine was arse hole and to an extent racist I had to hire a Lawyer for him.

Hi! I have the same problem right now. I'm studying in New York and need a "Certificado de domicilio" i order to get my "Ayuda familiar". Did anyone find a solution? Joe Blow would you explain me more about what you did? I don't understand. Did you sign it yourself?
I'd really appreciate any help!
Thank you!

I had this problem 3 months ago. Solution: write out, in English, your own certificate of residency (base it exactly on an Argentine certificate of residency). Take it to a UPS store in the US and have a notary stamp it.

ths is what I don't understand. In Argentina, certificate of residency are written and signed by a police officer. How did you do that?
Thank you!

Our Citibank worker understood that this doesn't exist and accepted a phone bill. Bring in copies of a.couple of different bills and ask if they can at least try. Warnu: a friend of ours was sending to his brother via Santander and THEY shut him down, told him they knew what he was doing. We send to my mum via Citibank and we had no ppblems until last month when our transfer disappeared into the ether for one month, 1500 bucks that were neither in our acct here nor in my mum's. They . It was finally magically resolved yesterday after over 30 days. Sorry if there's mistypes or this doesn't make sense I'm on my phone and the keyboard covers everything I'm typing!

Back