Proof Of Residency In Us For Ayuda Familiar

Haha -- sorry as I say I was writing on my phone and the keyboard practically covers the screen as I'm writing -- add in a few interruptions from a toddler and I lost sense of what I was saying.

Anyway -- to explain, our friend was sending his ayuda familiar to his brother in San Francisco, one day when he went to send the bank said no way, we know what you are trying to do here and they refused to proceed with the transfer. Now, the bank truly has no right to refuse it, they were just trying to cover themselves should AFIP come poking around. Diego was sending money to his 35 year old brother in SF, it probably is more likely to raise eyebrows as opposed to my 77 year old retired mother or a 22 yr old college student.

Ayuda Familiar.? Send money to family member living in the foreign country out side of Argentina? As financial aid ?
In the past, people migrated to the States, earn a few Dollars then send to help family in their Lat Am countries, or back home.
Looks suspicious enough to send Dollar outside Argentina now days...

What does this mean? Being a permatourist? Money-laundering?
Since when do banks have ethical commitment?!
Placement, layering and integration. Money laundering grad school demo from Saul. Smile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKDmCbfMS4

What does this mean? Being a permatourist? Money-laundering?
Since when do banks have ethical commitment?!

Banks in the US now seem to think they do. For a couple of months now, any cash deposit over $1000 requires proof of identity, whether depositing to a commercial or personal account.

Homeland Security on the job, keeping us safe from ourselves!

Anyone have any recent updates on what to use for proof of residency for ayuda familiar? At Banco Frances last year they let me use bills in my father's name and his driver's license, but now they say they need more. They suggested he get a letter from the Argentine embassy in the U.S., but I was confused. I said, "But he's not Argentine, and he doesn't live anywhere near an Argentine embassy." And they just sort of shrugged. I understand that the fewer of these transactions they approve the better for them, but I'd like to figure out once and for all what I need and not send my dad on vueltas. His birth certificate maybe? Sounds like they want something signed by an "offical authority." Thank you!

Back