Property Tax To Increase In 2013

Farenheit

Registered
I just saw my accountant and he informed me that properties have recently been revalued for tax purposes. He estimates that my property tax will be more than double from April of next year, but is waiting to receive the new directives for calculating it. He pointed out the new valuation, in incredibly tiny writing on the side of my ABL bill. :eek: :mad:

Are you sure you're not just late on this one? Property taxes already went up on average 66% this year... It was not reflected in the year-end ABL, but added on in March 2012.

http://baexpats.org/...e__hl__property

and

http://baexpats.org/topic/18196-got-my-abl-today-not-complaining/page__view__findpost__p__139208__hl__property

I'ts in conjunction with that, my ABL/Inmobiliaria tax also doubled. But what I'm talking about is the anticipos de Bienes Personales or wealth tax, where you pay 1 to 1.5% annauly on the value of your properties. This is worked out by an accountant who prepares you an annual declaracion jurada and then you have 5 payments to make over the year. If you don't pay your Bienes then AFIP will provide you with a bill plus interest when you go to sell. It is possible that properties under a certain amount are exempt, I don't know what the cap is.
All I know is that he expects I will now pay double from April 2013.

I checked the ABL invoice, the valuation used in 2012 was $38k. I looked at the small print valuation as described by the original poster and it says my new valuation with be $156k. An increase of about 400%.

My bienes personales have always been based on the purchase price of the property which was $226k and not the ABL valuation.

@Solerboy, I agree my payment was 1% of what I paid. But the new valuation shows double what I paid, or 400% of what was on the bill which was half of what I paid....I hope they still charge based on what we paid, but my accountant thinks otherwise. I will send him an email and mention this point and report back, maybe he has something in writing.

with this increases and the bad management of the city: why do people vote for Macri then?I'd say: stop crying and choose better politicians porteños!

The accountant says they use the amount paid at purchase or the fiscal value, whichever is higher. With the new evaluation, the fiscal value is now higher. And I will now pay 1.25% instead of 1%. I can't afford the 150% increase and am going to struggle to find the money.

Back