Pros And Cons Of Opening A 'monotributo"

Ceviche

Registered
I would love to read about personal experiences from other expats on this topic.

eg

aa) How much do you pay to [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Monotributo[/background]?
bb) How much taxes you pay in lieu?
cc) benefits of being a [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Monotributo[/background]?
dd) did afip come knocking on the door?
ee) benefits of not being a [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Monotributo?[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]ff) any good bilingual honest "book-keepers" here?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Thanks in advance[/background]

Here are the levels. http://www.afip.gob..../categorias.asp

aa) if you set up something basic like Cat. D
bb) You'd pay ARS$518/mo
cc) That's a decent bankable level. It's saved me countless queues.
dd) No AFIP at my door yet, but I do have an accountant and he has a magic office to do the tramites...I have only had to go in once to sign up. Took 10 minutes...versus hours I suspect had I done it myself.
ee) I don't like all my info available online. You can google anyone's name with the word "CUIT" Your address, gender, immigration status, debts, CUIT # and DNI (it's part of the CUIT) along with your Monotributo status, etc....all available online. That's creepy.

Interesting ... I was looking into the monotributo question too. One thing I was wondering is the "Aportes Obra Social". I currently have my obra social/health insurance via my wife. Does the "Aportes Obra Social" mean I get kicked out of my wife's health plan and need to get my own when I sign up for monotributo?

El Cordabese

I read the website.

What does "[background=rgb(236, 248, 255)]Unicamente Venta de Bs. Muebles" mean?[/background]

That's only if you sell physical objects. I would suspect you'd stay at the Category H or below. I have read and heard anecdotes of people inscribing as a Cat. B making ARS48k per year while owning property, taking trips, trading in the markets and owning their alta gama BMWs.....That's a great way to get AFIP at your door.

The higher your category...the greater the burden of showing your invoices...of course this is Argentina...there are workarounds.

If you get up to Cat F or higher--that's where you need to make more declarations to AFIP. The positive is access...albeit limited...to the credit market if you want things like "pagos sin interes" or to making online purchases. Debit cards can't be used online here--a headache if you want to buy plane tickets, etc.

Here are the levels. http://www.afip.gob..../categorias.asp

aa) if you set up something basic like Cat. D
bb) You'd pay ARS$518/mo
cc) That's a decent bankable level. It's saved me countless queues.
dd) No AFIP at my door yet, but I do have an accountant and he has a magic office to do the tramites...I have only had to go in once to sign up. Took 10 minutes...versus hours I suspect had I done it myself.
ee) I don't like all my info available online. You can google anyone's name with the word "CUIT" Your address, gender, immigration status, debts, CUIT # and DNI (it's part of the CUIT) along with your Monotributo status, etc....all available online. That's creepy.

Part ee applies if you have someones DNI number, you can look up their address.

That's only if you sell physical objects. I would suspect you'd stay at the Category H or below. I have read and heard anecdotes of people inscribing as a Cat. B making ARS48k per year while owning property, taking trips, trading in the markets and owning their alta gama BMWs.....That's a great way to get AFIP at your door.

I travel in and out several times!

I travel in and out several times!

Maybe start an accountant recommendation thread. :) I have a friend that's a Cat. E. He travels abroad at least 6-8 times per year. But he buys the tickets in the US rather than Argentina on his foreign cards and doesn't give his DNI. Starting in March(?) There will be many more data points being tracked in Argentina for travel....they will want to know way more than they should about who's buying and traveling on the ticket. Not sure how that will all shake out...but I don't like it.

Starting in March(?) There will be many more data points being tracked in Argentina for travel....they will want to know way more than they should about who's buying and traveling on the ticket. Not sure how that will all shake out...but I don't like it.

The main reason why i want to be a monotributo before that.

Back