Protest Against Milei’s Move to Scrap Film Institute, INCAA

I happen to find it tragic - many of the best of Argentina cinema are INCAA films. The right side never understands or supports the arts. Such fun as an expat ducking into the cinema for the latest release.

Last edited:
Small budget and how much other waste is there? And I’m not talking Adrian Suar movies - they all suck. Jajaja

I love the arts, but why should a country with close to 50% poverty be financing romantic comedies?

Apart from all the good, artistic reason? Because They Make Money.

Scanning the box office receipts for some of the Argentine films I've seen they have all taken between ten and fifteen times their production costs so they represent an excellent investment for the nation.

Apart from all the good, artistic reason? Because They Make Money.

Scanning the box office receipts for some of the Argentine films I've seen they have all taken between ten and fifteen times their production costs so they represent an excellent investment for the nation.

If INCAA is making a profit as you say then that is a very good argument.

The destruction of the culture in the name of no hay plata will make Argentina a backwater in Latin America . Our film industry is the best of latin america and brings in massive benefits to the society and its people . Many argentinian films have won international awards and put this country on the map .

The destruction of the culture in the name of no hay plata will make Argentina a backwater in Latin America . Our film industry is the best of latin america and brings in massive benefits to the society and its people . Many argentinian films have won international awards and put this country on the map .
Wasn't Andrea Del Boca paid lots of money by Christina for movies that failed? I'm only posting this from memory as I've never seen a film with her in it.

Wasn't Andrea Del Boca paid lots of money by Christina for movies that failed? I'm only posting this from memory as I've never seen a film with her in it.
Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
2 November 2017
....An expert opinion carried out by the Supreme Court determined that Andrea Del Boca and her relatives received a total of $3,141,734 for the novel “Mama Corazón”, which was financed by the former Minister of Planning K, Julio De Vido, and that was never broadcasted on the air.
....The amounts emerge from an investigation led by the Justice Dept to determine how the 36 million pesos that the Argentine Universal Content Audiovisual Bank (BACUA) had granted to put it on the air were spent, something that never happened. According to material seized from the production company A + A Group, in charge of producing the series, Andrea del Boca pocketed $1,799,426. Her father, Nicolás, received $1,010,826. while Ana, the actress's mother, received $35,200. Meanwhile, her sister Anabella collected $193,600 and Ana Chiara, her daughter, $102,682. (Mitre)....

Back