Public Primary School in BA?

I think the biggest difference is that these private schools you mention are international private schools, and try to charm the affluent expat/embassy set by offering a curriculum and environment similar to a posh prep school back home, but like most things catering to the ex pat bubble, they charge prohibitively expensive prices.

Like just about everything else in Argentina following this business model of trying to rip off the expat, it is NOT necessary to spend big bucks in Buenos Aires.

I will ask around for you but like I said, lots of young professional Argentine parents sending their kids to schools around Palermo, etc, and they all seem to be doing just fine and not breaking the bank.

I will ask around for you but like I said, lots of young professional Argentine parents sending their kids to schools around Palermo, etc, and they all seem to be doing just fine and not breaking the bank.

Thank you sooo much! I appreciate the hope and help!! :)

Hey! How has your search been? I am in a similar situation, here until the end of June with my 3 children and not sure exactly if they'll be able to go to a public school. Let me know what happens or if you've found a school.

Hey. I was curioused about your post as I'm also on the process of finding the correct school for my kids. As an argentinian, who's been living abroad for a while and is concidering the possibility of going back home, it's also hard to figure it out the real offer of the area as some schools are not well published or with easy access info. My advice is to send your kid to a private school, one of the affordables. In most public schools the education received is very basic, the prime focus of the establishment is to keep kids away from the streets, provide them at least one meal a day and have them alphabetized. Yes, I know this is a generalist point of view that not necessarely applies to all, there are always exceptions but tends to be the norm.
I hope you find the correct place for your kid and spend a pleasant time while living in Buenos Aires.

Thanks Sol, do you know of any affordable private schools? This may sound strange, but while I do obviously want them to have a good education, I am more interested in them developing friendships with other kids and learning the language. I have brought math homework from the teachers in Canada that we will work on. I have booked a place in Palermo and am looking around there for schools. Public or affordable private.

Haven´t read the whole thread so have no clue about your whereabouts.

Just wanted to mention "El Lenguitas" on Carlos Pellegrini and Posadas. It is next to El Rulero de Retiro (the circular tower building on Carlos Pellegrini and Av. del Libertador. A few blocks from Retiro. Think 9 de Julio and Libertador.

It has been one of the better public schools in BA for ages. Likely not easy to get a vacant.
Instituto De Enseñanza Superior en Lenguas Vivas "Juan Ramón Fernández"

I´d say hurry up.

Iz

There are private schools for 100usd a month. It depends what you are doing. We send our son to a private school in Recoleta and that is what we pay.

There are private schools for 100usd a month. It depends what you are doing. We send our son to a private school in Recoleta and that is what we pay.
What do you mean what we are doing? What we want the educational emphasis on? What is the name of your school if you don't mind me asking! Thanks-you!

What do you mean what we are doing? What we want the educational emphasis on? What is the name of your school if you don't mind me asking! Thanks-you!
Exactly. There are about 5 schools that I know of that charge about the same. They are all catholic though: San Miguel, Misericordia, del Pilar, del Carmen come to mind.

Exactly. There are about 5 schools that I know of that charge about the same. They are all catholic though: San Miguel, Misericordia, del Pilar, del Carmen come to mind.

Hi,

can you let us know what school exactly you are sending your child to for that price a month? I am a mom looking to transition to living in BA in a year and doing all the research I can but having very little luck knowing the exact names for places. Thank you.

Back