Public Transit from the Airport?

dima

Registered
Hi,

Is there public transit from the airport into the city, particularly Palermo? And how much does the cab ride cost nowadays?

Thanks a bunch!
Dima

Hi. I think you are reffering to Ezeiza Airport...

There is bus number 8, (former 86) which drives you across rivadavia.
Then you can take another bus (for example 160) that throws you to palermo
The price is about 2 pesos (versus 100/120 of a taxi)

http://www.loscolectivos.com.ar/8.htm

Thanks! What stop do I have to get off at to catch the 160?

Also, do you know how late it runs? My flight touches down at 21:00.

dima said:
Thanks! What stop do I have to get off at to catch the 160?

Also, do you know how late it runs? My flight touches down at 21:00.

Dima -- is this your first trip to Buenos Aires? I would not recommend taking the bus in at that time of night, especially if you have a lot of stuff. It's a long ride as well.

You're better off to take the Manuel Tienda Leon shuttle bus either down to Retiro or to Aeroparque and then take a cab. From Retiro as well at that time of night I would take a cab -- you might be able to get someone at the desk to order one for you. Where the shuttle stops in Retiro at that time (it will be 2200 or even 2300 by the time you get into town, depending on how long it takes through customs) -- is kind of ugly, and walking around with your stuff looking for a cab may not be the smartest.

Aeroparque will mean you end up a bit closer to Palermo and you can walk out of the airport and get a cab there.

I think Manuel Tienda Leon is about 45 pesos into town, you'll have to google them to see.

If you're landing at Aeroparque and not Ezeiza it's still easier to get a cab into Palermo from there than a bus -- I'm not sure what lines go by there, but also not the greatest to hang out waiting for a bus to come by at night there. Not sure how frequently they'll run at that hour.

Manuel Tienda Leon has a bus leaving Ezeiza at 2145 arriving in Aeroparque at 2300 for 50pesos. To "terminal madero" (it's not madero, it's retiro) is $45 pesos -- for the 5 pesos difference I'd take it to Aeroparque and then grab a cab.

http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/home/home.asp

syngirl - thanks!

by the time I got in, paid reciprocity fee, went through immigration, it was already 10:15 or so. i decided not to mess with buses at this hour and go for a cab.

maybe it was due to the holiday, but none of the ATMs had money. so I asked the cab driver/coordinator if they would take dollars. he said no problem, then quoted me a price of what sounded like 130 pesos while charging $45. i tried to argue in my broken spanish that it's 4 pesos to a dollar and not 3, to no avail. so i walked out of the cab, went to the bank of argentina, exchanged my dollars, came back... and got charged 170 pesos. ugh.

your advice of taking MTL from aeroparque sounds like the best one. the ride to there from palermo is only a couple of miles, so total cost should be <70 pesos.

If you take the Manuel Tienda Leon, it costs 45 pesos to their terminal, but for an additional 5 pesos, they provide a cab transfer to your hotel or apartment. I did it the other night and was very pleased with the service. The 5-peso cab ride is a great deal in light of Radio taxi costs these days.

Never, not even in your wildest dreams! take a bus from Eze. Only Tienda Leon, and from Puerto Madero, only the taxi that they can get for you there. If they cannot get a cab for you , for any other taxi you take in this city Have pesos, and change. Pay the exact amount, no more . VERY OFTEN taxi drivers exchange the bill and return it saying "it is not good", in that change they give you counterfeit money and keep the original one you pay with. It is a big city, daily life here IS NO FUN!. do not look like a tourist, it can turn it less funy!. Good luck!

Back