Public Transportation

nesika said:
One more question: I found somewhere on this Forum that the only way to buy a ticket is on the bus - with the exact change.

Is that right? Are there any weekly or monthly passes and if yes where we can get one?

You do not need the exact change, the machines will give change, but you can only use coins not notes.

They are trying to run out a system, you can get a moneda card, from anywhere you see the "Moneda" sign. Obviously you pay to charge it up at that point $10 or $20 ar. You can use this on all the subte's but as yet most of the busses are not using it, although they did promise to run it out by December, TIA. :rolleyes:

The Subte pass is free and can be prepaid up to $200 pesos. It's good on all lines and can also be "recharged" in smaller amounts. They're available in the subway stations. If you use the subway regularly it's a must have.

I think they are talking about "Monedero", its the same as the Subte pass.
The system that's being deployed to buses use the same card. Only some lines have it (they are still deploying) but the ones that do will have a "Sube" sign on the front.

nesika said:
One more question: I found somewhere on this Forum that the only way to buy a ticket is on the bus - with the exact change. exact change, but with coins. Then the machine returns your change

Is that right? Are there any weekly or monthly passes and if yes where we can get one?

*There is a new versión much better: mapa2.buenosaires.gob.ar

*You don't need to pay with the

Depends on your Bue route on Several now you can buy an card like in the subte. Other lines let you buy prepaid tickets. Other wise it is change though usually it is not necessary to have the exact change. Many bus routes are preparing to allow card payment some ready to go early in the New Year. Guia T is highly recommended.

nesika said:
One more question: I found somewhere on this Forum that the only way to buy a ticket is on the bus - with the exact change.

Not exact change needed. We are still waiting for the multi transport pass SUBE to start operating. It's been installed in most buses already. Subte has Monedero, which is basically the same thing and compatible with SUBE machines.

nesika said:
Mucho gracias a todos!

(we just started our Spanish classes :)

It's muchas. Please feel free to point out my English mistakes as well. Not all of them, just the worst ones... or I'll have to hire you full-time!

nesika said:
Are there any weekly or monthly passes and if yes where we can get one?

Yes, you usually can by monthly passes on quite a few lines, you need to go to one of the offices for the linea (ask your bus driver).

Back