Quality Pots & Pans?

djlinse37 said:
Sounds very interesting, but according to my reading of Google Maps, Junin and Av. Juan de Garay don't intersect. Junin only goes from the middle of Recoleta cemetary to Rivadavia. The continuation is Rincón. Rincón eventually intersects Juan de Garay. Is that where the restaurant supply district is? Or am I completely lost?

I've heard and seen that it is "Jujuy" (which is the continuation of Pueyrredon) between San Juan and Juan de Garay. (On both sides of the highway.)

I heard that again today from a woman who just loaded up in the last couple of weeks, so I'm going to go with it.

Napoleon said:
I've heard and seen that it is "Jujuy" (which is the continuation of Pueyrredon) between San Juan and Juan de Garay. (On both sides of the highway.)

I heard that again today from a woman who just loaded up in the last couple of weeks, so I'm going to go with it.

Looking at the map, that would have been my guess.

Anyone have a first-hand confirmation?

djlinse37 said:
Looking at the map, that would have been my guess.

Anyone have a first-hand confirmation?

Yes. I was there last week. That is exactly right. around 1200-1400 Jujuy. I don't know about the quality of the pans, I wasn't looking for pans.

Lee said:
We were just in China town and there are a couple of stores there with just about anything you could possibly need for a well stocked kitchen.

Do you know where? I live right next to chinatown and would love to find something local but have seen only the flimsy pieces which are sure to end up in a landfill waaaay too soon.

OK, I went over to Jujuy b/n San Juan and Juan de Garay and I can say a couple of things with absolute certainty.

1) That strip of land is absolutely the restaurant supply strip.
-Industrial & personal ovens [check]
-Silverware in a bunch of different patterns [check]
-Knives of several different makes & models [check]
-Blenders [check]
-Coffee Shop quality coffee makers [check]
-POTS [check]
-PANS [check]
-Uniforms?............. [check]

2) I can say with absolute certainty that these stores are NOT OPEN on SATURDAY AFTERNOON!

(And on the south side of Juan de Garay as you continue on Jujuy, the mattress/bedding outlets start.)

Also, you can register for your wedding at some of these places and then you can pick up all of the fireworks you could possibly need just north of the highway at a fireworks shop placed in the middle of the strip of restaurant supply stores... yeah, I thought that that was strange as well.

yeah sorry I mixed up Junin and Jujuy... and yes, Jujuy shops are only opn until Saturday at 1pm -- like many many many other types of shops in BA.

Back