Quality/Speed of internet

You will find that the internet in Argentina is expensive, slow, for many reasons, including the geographic isolation of the country and you will find that the providers are particularly surly when you have a problem. If you share wireless in an apartment you will not be able to open router ports unless they give you admin rights and the shared bandwidth will be eaten up by everyone else in the building downloading pirate material.
Have a plan B

I've stayed in three apartments and maybe I've been lucky but I've found the speed more than satisfactory.

One problem is that some US sites will block you for copyright reasons (e.g. news videos) but other than that I've no problems. And there are work arounds for the blocking.

So whether you are an "IT consultant";) or simply wish to stream Debbie as she romps through the Cowboy's locker room:D, I think your needs will be met.
Which is why I have a VPN.

I was taking the air up on the roof of my apartment tower and ran into a tech from IPlanLiv -
-working on a fiber optic box. I have no personal experience, but it seems intriguing. OTOH, the tech went away and left the box open, which doesn't say much for the quality of their employees.

When I saw it still standing open the next day, I closed it, of course.I spent too many years working IS to ignore something like that.

Speed used to be a big concern 10 years ago.
A few years back fibertel seemed to up the speeds and no issues since.

Does anyone here use portable WiFi hotspots? I'm wondering if it would be a good replacement for connectivity issues/speeds of cable/ADSL.

Does anyone here use portable WiFi hotspots? I'm wondering if it would be a good replacement for connectivity issues/speeds of cable/ADSL.

If you wish you can buy prepaid data from claro and utilize the hotspot capability of your cellphone. Has worked in a pinch a few times at my place. Data is cheap.

Back