Quality/Speed of internet

Wifi hotspot is one option, yes, but you will get better connectivity in USB tether mode. You'll need to download a USB driver for your PC from the website of your phone's manufacturer, but you just plug your phone into a USB port on your computer like you were charging it, and then activate USB Tether Mode under Sharing and Connectivity, the same location as the Hotspot feature.

This is what I use all the time.

It is far from being a cheap solution, but with Claro you can buy a 40 gig data package for 3000 pesos.

Wifi hotspot is one option, yes, but you will get better connectivity in USB tether mode. You'll need to download a USB driver for your PC from the website of your phone's manufacturer, but you just plug your phone into a USB port on your computer like you were charging it, and then activate USB Tether Mode under Sharing and Connectivity, the same location as the Hotspot feature.

This is what I use all the time.

It is far from being a cheap solution, but with Claro you can buy a 40 gig data package for 3000 pesos.

This sounds like a good solution. How are your speeds in comparison with using cable/ADSL? Does Claro have good coverage throughout the city? I've used Claro and liked it, however, I've had numerous occasions where I would be in deadzones where there was no service.

It's Argentina... Nothing works 100% of the time. My home fibertel goes in and out weekly.

Claro are offering very big data packages, but their speeds tend to be lower than the main competition, Telecom Personal:

Test Date: 11 Oct 2021 13:19
Download: 123 Mbps
Upload: 8.66 Mbps
Ping: 16 ms
Connection Type: Cellular
Server: Vicente Lopez

Admittedly from Palermo, but only 3 bars of 4G signal.

Speedtest Personal Palermo.jpg

Hasn't this improved since this thread was started? I'm living in Belgrano using Fibertel, and these are my consistently my speeds

1634136924268.png

Hasn't this improved since this thread was started? I'm living in Belgrano using Fibertel, and these are my consistently my speeds
But you're using fibre, and at least the posts on this page of the thread are talking about 4G performance.

Kindly run test to any US server location for more accurate results.

1634416811027.png

You can't get much more northern US and my speeds are still pretty accurate. This was all while I was watching a video and my wife was browsing the web.

Back