Question about carry-on liquids at EZE

obiwanderkenobi

Registered
Hola! I'm flying internationally tomorrow from EZE for the first time, and was a little confused on their carry-on liquids policy...was hoping someone could chime in with their experience. I'll be traveling for 27 hours in total, and normally I'd carry-on a small quart size bag with some deodorant, toothpaste, moisturizer, etc. so that I can freshen up during the flight if need be. However, the airline has the following notice on their website:

"Liquids, gels, aerosols, and powders acquired within the secured area of the airport (excluding duty free items) are prohibited onboard. Please plan accordingly prior to boarding."

Interestingly it doesn't mention liquids brought from outside of the airport, but I assume it's meant to, so the way I'm interpreting it is that the only liquids I can bring on the plane are a bottle of sealed duty-free liquor or something similar. Does anyone know if quart-sized small toiletries are truly "banned," or is this a loose rule that's rarely enforced?

Thanks!

Just stick to travel size for the things you mentioned and you'll be fine. Each individual item no more than 3.4oz / 100ml.

Okie doke, thanks. That's the rule I normally stick to as far as quantities, but the airline's wording sorta made me wonder if they might have someone stationed at the boarding gate seizing travel-sized toothpaste or something, lol. I'm guessing/hoping they're just referring to people trying to bring open containers of beer on board or something like that.

from memory it tends to matter more which airline you fly. if you are heading to the US, united would have a secondary bag check at the gate and if you were carrying DDL, that would be a no-go.

Hola! I'm flying internationally tomorrow from EZE for the first time, and was a little confused on their carry-on liquids policy...was hoping someone could chime in with their experience. I'll be traveling for 27 hours in total, and normally I'd carry-on a small quart size bag with some deodorant, toothpaste, moisturizer, etc. so that I can freshen up during the flight if need be. However, the airline has the following notice on their website:

"Liquids, gels, aerosols, and powders acquired within the secured area of the airport (excluding duty free items) are prohibited onboard. Please plan accordingly prior to boarding."

Interestingly it doesn't mention liquids brought from outside of the airport, but I assume it's meant to, so the way I'm interpreting it is that the only liquids I can bring on the plane are a bottle of sealed duty-free liquor or something similar. Does anyone know if quart-sized small toiletries are truly "banned," or is this a loose rule that's rarely enforced?

Thanks!
It depends on your destination.
If you’re on a flight to the US, US rules apply and you’ll face a secondary screening for liquids at the gate where anything over 100ml will be confiscated (e.g. a bottle of water you buy at a cafe at the airport after the initial security check)

I've always brought them through security no problem, and then for secondary screening it seems to be NO liquids, not even small amounts. I always put my toothpaste in my pocket. Problem solved.

In the last 10 days I flew from AEP, Calafate, Ushuaia and Cordoba. On all of these airports I had no problem taking even 500ml liquids through security in my carry on. All flights were domestic.

Back