Question about DNI

Maybe the author of that post will reply with more info, or you could send him a private message. If not, you could try going to Immigration and state your case and try to clear it up, if you can find somewhere in writing where that rule is written. It's possible that that rule has changed or that the person handling your paperwork has the discretion to decide. If not, you will need to get a FBI report.

Maybe the author of that post will reply with more info, or you could send him a private message. If not, you could try going to Immigration and state your case and try to clear it up, if you can find somewhere in writing where that rule is written. It's possible that that rule has changed or that the person handling your paperwork has the discretion to decide. If not, you will need to get a FBI report.
Thank you for the response; I'm checking those posts now on this site.

I received a Certificado Residencia Precaria in September and was told a DNI card would be mailed. It's been 3 months. Does it take that long? Replies are appreciated.
No it doesn't take that long, it should take no more than 15 days or a month at the most. If I were you I would go and ask what happened.

No it doesn't take that long, it should take no more than 15 days or a month at the most. If I were you I would go and ask what happened.
Have already checked and seems, though I've been here 7 years, I need an FBI check. The site said if here 3 years, it wasn't needed. I'll start that process. Thank you for your response.

Have already checked and seems, though I've been here 7 years, I need an FBI check. The site said if here 3 years, it wasn't needed. I'll start that process. Thank you for your response.
You are welcome hope it wont take too long.

Unless I'm mistaken, you always need a background check from your country of origin, notwithstanding the language on the website. That's non-negotiable.
Other checks may be necessary on account of where you lived, for how long, and how long ago. But not the one from your original country.
I also note that they no longer make you bring a separate Argentine background check, which is a nice improvement from when I did mine.

Back