Question About Hdi (Un)

Matiasba

Registered
Does anybody know how this is measured? I mean, they use the national statistics and then come to that number, dont they?
It means that numbers from Argentina are from INDEC?
I think that reality must be somewhere between INDEC numbers and private (opositors) consultants. There are some serious private numbers, but not all.

Uncertainty. This is what the Ks did to one of the models institutions in Latin America; although I recognise they did it for "national" reasons if Im not wrong -not paying debt attached to inflation- but thats not the way, clearly.

ITS VERY EASY

What did a litre bottle of Heineken cost last December?

this year it is 24 pesos almost everywhere. / last year it was a lot less.

No.

The UN specifically does not use national stats for calculating HDI, but rather uses World Bank, IMF, UNSD, and UNDESA data.

No.

The UN specifically does not use national stats for calculating HDI, but rather uses World Bank, IMF, UNSD, and UNDESA data.

so the Ks can boast of an HDI good number, given the sources that are clearly not K?

Argentina has made palpable strides in the last decade in HDI, poverty reduction, literacy, infrastructure/health/education investment...

Those are solid statistics, they are not really debatable. How much the Kirchners can take credit is debatable.

palpable....................Maybe to your pallet, not mine

ITS VERY EASY

What did a litre bottle of Heineken cost last December?

this year it is 24 pesos almost everywhere. / last year it was a lot less.

While cute, this is actually not true.

Last year a bottle of Heineken cost 1.2 hours work (at minimum wage). Now it costs 49 mins work.

So you can use those extra 20 minutes' wages to buy yourself a decent (more capitalist) beer.

Back