Question About Spanish

What did the child learn from this homework problem? Nada.

All he/she did was fill in the blanks with the correct information that mom/dad obtained from the forum. Mom/dad is trying to be helpful, but the kid isn't learning by figuring it out for himself/herself.

This isn't preparation for life when you can't get the answers from mom or dad. Homework is good practice for life. And life isn't about correct answers for good grades.
So kids shouldn't ask their parents for help? Parents should pretend to know things when they don't? Adults can't ask for help either? Dude, what. Did your parents not help you with homework? Were they the sort of parents that did not believe in school and had you milking cows at the age of three or what?

Also, I get that knowing the difference between complemento directo and indirecto isn't exactly essential for life. You said it yourself. Life is not about getting good grades. That, however, is no reason to purposely get a bad grade when you can easily do your research and find the correct answer. If we didn't give it to Cheng, certainly someone would have.

Are you kidding me? This is cheating.

Are you still here in Argentina? I remember you came for a month or two to improve your Spanish.. did you find any good classes, or just self-study?

My Spanish teacher taught me the trick to the objects in Spanish back when I was a wee young one (ok, 15 years old):
R I D.
Reflexive
Indirect
Direct.

This is the order. If you have a reflexive verb with a direct object, first you put the reflexive "object" or whatever the heck the reflexive two letter thing is called and then the direct object: R I D

If you have non-reflexive verbs with an indirect and a direct object, as in these examples, you order it first with the indirect then the direct object: R I D

RID is the only way to order the first letters to make a word in English, so it's easy to remember! (Computer language has not taken over the world yet so dir is not a real English word, right?)

Of course, the other rule is that if you are combining third person objects like lo/la with an indirect object le, you must change the le to se to avoid the double l sound, not le lo but se lo. For example, the wife of Sergio Romero said, “si salimos campeones, se lo presto una semana a Rihanna.” If Argentina won the World Cup, she would have lent her husband (lo: direct object) to Rihanna (se: indirect object).

Back