Question about tourist visa timeframe..

Fettucini

Registered
Hi, just had a question about the 3 month tourist visa... if i entered Argentina on 1st April, will that mean it'll still be ok to leave the country 3 months later on 1st July (without getting fined), or will that be too late?
I'm not sure whether they look at it as 3 months or 90 days.. anyone had any experience with this?

I actually rolled into migraciones on my 92nd or 93rd days and didn't say anything. They didn't seem to care. But I am sure I could have gotten someone in a good mood.

It's actually 90 days when it is stamped 90 days. Then three months when stamped three months. And if not stamped with either, I got mine renewed after 90 days with no problems. I think it was 91 or 92 days.

If your visa is not expired you can get renewed once at the Migraciones office on Antartida - just north of the Buquebus terminal. It can involve a bit of a wait but if you have need/desire to go to Uruguay then it´s much easier.

And the other poster was right don´t assume anything. I was in a car accident and was12 days late with a doctors letter non hospital letterhead, stamped and notarized and still nade me pay the fine.

Some of them are asses, many of them are pleasant or just don´t care.

wreReynolds said:
If your visa is not expired you can get renewed once at the Migraciones office
Do not under any circumstances get a prórroga at migraciones.

It may give you no end of problems later on, first time when you go on your first visa-run to Uruguay 90 days later.

Read old threads and you'll see why (for one you'll have to stay in Uruguay at least one night, and more if you are too early crossing).

Problem: Nothing in the world can override the date of the prórroga.

Back