Question for Americans:Voting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign the petition to open the presidential debates to all candidates. This is a way to get the media to invite Gary Johnson and Jill Stein to debate with Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. This election is too important not to include other candidates. The first debate is September 26.

They can get in. They just need to hit 15 percent in national polling. It's not an unreasonable requirement, otherwise we'd be forced to watch Clinton debate with Vermin Supreme and other such "minor party" candidates.

vermin.jpg

3_Vermin-Supreme.jpg

and as entertaining as that could be..... This isn't a reality show, this is serious business.

It's not "serious business", it's all a dog-and-pony show. Like the debates are actual debates and really get much out of the candidates beyond their well-paid-for ads (except possiby how well they can handle a slow curve ball, which doesn't come all that often during the debates anyway). 15% may be difficult to obtain on a shoestring budget for candidates who are not part of a "mainstream" party, but it would do wonders for some of the more serious candidates as far as getting their names out there for all to see. Oh - unless everyone thinks that only candidates who can put up millions and millions of dollars should be the deciding factor as to who can run for president (wouldn't the founders drop dead if they knew how bad it's gotten!).

Of course, the two candidates from the two major parties don't want the competition. Look at how both sides freak out when a third-party candidate is even mentioned. "OH MY GOD! You're going to take away our votes! Waaaa!"

I don't see why it couldn't be the 6 highest-polling candidates instead of being limited to 15% polling. Or maybe 100K signatures on a petition. Something other than 15% polling. But the powers-that-be don't want any real competition anyway. Makes it easier to control things.

5 Reasons to Vote Even When You Hate Everything on the Ballot
http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/the-gig-economy/5-reasons-to-vote-when-you-hate-everything-on-the-ballot-20160817?utm_source=YTW&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=20160819

How Can We Convince Voters to Finally Get Active?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU71rdSOK30

The Official Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot is what you'll get on Voting Day Sept 22 at the US Embassy. You write in the name of President/Vice President, U.S. Senator, and U.S. Representative.

You have the option of getting a ballot by email from the state where you are registered. It's time to check on the dates for your state. https://www.overseasvotefoundation.org/vote/state-elections/state-election-dates-deadlines.htm

Friends of America, under the auspices of the Embassy of the United States of America and the collaboration of the Club del Progreso, invites you to a meeting to be held on Friday, September 2 at 18:30 in Sarmiento 1334, City Buenos Aires, on THE UNITED STATES ELECTION. Speaker is Dr. Michael Hannahan, senior advisor to governor of Massachusetts.

Free admission
Information: [email protected]

In English with Spanish translation

http://www.bubblear.com/us-embassy-holding-absentee-voting-event-in-buenos-aires/

another site for absentee ballots for citizens abroad

https://www.votefromabroad.org/vote/home.htm

What is Aleppo though?

Don't bother asking Gary Johnson, polling at 10%, or the ny times.

27VzhOY.jpg

What is Aleppo though?

Don't bother asking Gary Johnson, polling at 10%, or the ny times.

I have no pet politician, including Gary Johnson. But say that you will build a 3,000 mile wall (and Mexico will pay for it), or store highly classified information on a home server, promise that you will round up and deport 11 million people, call underprivileged black children "super predators", say that you will ban all Muslims from entering the country, and you are fine.
Gary Johnson doesn't know what Aleppo is ... so I guess we're stuck with Trump or Hillary!!

Camberiu:
"Calling underprivileged black children predators" is stretching the truth of what was said a good deal.
I'm not sure that being left with Hillary can be considered "stuck"
By the same token we could consider Brazil to be "stuck" with Temer.Things are heating up in Argentina's neighbor .Big demo in Rio on Sunday
Accusations of police brutality.booing of Temer and a belated reaction from his spokesman Padhila about all demonstrations being part of democracy.
Interesting note about the retirement age for women to be raised to 65 from 60 presently. Makes me think of the Spanish refrain,
" En todas partes se cuecen habas"---They cook beans all over.In the US,in Brazil and even in Canada and Australia believe it or not.

Camberiu:
"Calling underprivileged black children predators" is stretching the truth of what was said a good deal.
I'm not sure that being left with Hillary can be considered "stuck"
By the same token we could consider Brazil to be "stuck" with Temer.Things are heating up in Argentina's neighbor .Big demo in Rio on Sunday

Stretching the truth is what your pet politician is really good at. As I mentioned before, I have no pet politicians, so I am not sure why bring up Temer when I point out the truth about yours. I care about Temer as much as I care about your Hillary. It is unfortunate that we don't live in a just universe, because if we did, your Hillary would be in solitary confinement, with Trump, Dilma, Temer and a whole bunch of politicians in cells next door.

Hillary Clinton is a criminal, a liar and a thief. Someone who would not and does not hesitate to order the deaths of thousands to get what she wants. But you are as blinded by your partisanship as any Peronista, and that is why you defend you pet politician with such a passion and fervor.

Bernie Sanders: 'Super-Predators' was a Racist Term

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back