Questions about Dating In Buenos Aires.

Puchipi

Registered
Hello all. I have been a viewer of this forum and has been really helpful so first of all, I want to thank everyone here for being so active and engaged. I am a 27 year old guy from Mexico. I am single. My grandfather passed away and left me several properties to me and my brother, which we will split it half. While i do not plan to invest in Argentina (At least not now) I do plan to live in Argentina, specifically Buenos Aires. I have been 5+ times and I really like it. I like the size of the city, the culture, the food, the vibe, everything fits to my personality.

I do however, have a question about dating. How it is like? Do I have a chance ? I have seen so many good looking people there that I just wonder how will that be for me? I am 5'7, in shape at like 9% body fat, half white, half hispanic my dad is from mexico and my mom from Spain. I am not your typical american 6'2 athletic football player who has it easy in that department. So I just wanted a few insights to how I should prepare and things I should be aware of.

The more honest you guys are the better. Hope you are have a wonderful day and thank you again.

As an Argie that lived 2 years in Toluca, I welcome you here.
While I can not guarantee that you will be a super hero here, there will be plenty of girls to date. Local girls here are not racist, in general.
And if you have an steady income and a comfy standard of living, you will not lack of femenine company, period.
Just in case, do not behave like a classical Mexican macho, treate them nicely and you will be compensated.

Welcome to Argentina! I'm a yanqui from San Diego, but I have lived here for a while. Having learned the Spanish of Baja and the border region, I was totally flummoxed by the local Castellano at first, but after a few years I found myself saying "posho" for chicken and "Plaza de Masho" along with everybody else. It creeps in while you're not paying attention.

Be warned there is no good Mexican food here, (in my opinion, others disagree). What passes for Mexican is like halfway between chilango street vendors and Taco Bell. And most porteños are deathly afraid of anything picante. The good news is, the little fruit and vegetable stands are almost all run by Peruvians and Bolivians, and they sell various spicy peppers, so you can make your own salsa at home.

I'm 30+ years older than you are, and dating in my age group is completely different, so I can't help there. But I wanted to say hello, and welcome to the community.

Hello all. I have been a viewer of this forum and has been really helpful so first of all, I want to thank everyone here for being so active and engaged. I am a 27 year old guy from Mexico. I am single. My grandfather passed away and left me several properties to me and my brother, which we will split it half. While i do not plan to invest in Argentina (At least not now) I do plan to live in Argentina, specifically Buenos Aires. I have been 5+ times and I really like it. I like the size of the city, the culture, the food, the vibe, everything fits to my personality.

I do however, have a question about dating. How it is like? Do I have a chance ? I have seen so many good looking people there that I just wonder how will that be for me? I am 5'7, in shape at like 9% body fat, half white, half hispanic my dad is from mexico and my mom from Spain. I am not your typical american 6'2 athletic football player who has it easy in that department. So I just wanted a few insights to how I should prepare and things I should be aware of.

The more honest you guys are the better. Hope you are have a wonderful day and thank you again.

Depends on what you're looking for. Your post has a description of your wealth, your genetics, and your body type. There will always be women (especially in other parts of Latin America) who date only according to those categories, but in general, Argentinian women (who tend to be more financially independent and educated than their peers elsewhere) are less impressed by those things.

And the first thing you need to do is learn to speak in inclusivo:

And the first thing you need to do is learn to speak in inclusivo:

(above quote edited for brevity)

Renzi, I like you. You're a good guy, and we often agree on a wide range of subjects, but not this time.

Granted, I am much older, but that whole wokespeak business is a crock of stinky mierda in my opinion. If you talk like some spiritually-emasculated soyboy, no woman worth having will want anything to do with you.

On top of which, unless you sincerely agree with that whole agenda, then talking like that is hypocrisy of the highest order.

Renzi, I like you. You're a good guy, and we often agree on a wide range of subjects, but not this time.

Granted, I am much older, but that whole wokespeak business is a crock of stinky mierda in my opinion. If you talk like some spiritually-emasculated soyboy, no woman worth having will want anything to do with you.

On top of which, unless you sincerely agree with that whole agenda, then talking like that is hypocrisy of the highest order.
I won’t comment on the value of “inclusive language” as I don’t want to get in an internet argument with anyone. I do agree though that it is not a requirement here to date nor do a majority of young people use it (by young I mean 20-30, teens may be different). I have met dozens and dozens of young women here as friends/coworkers and have never once heard anybody use inclusive language. I have heard a few make fun of it though. My wife is from another Latin American country and does not use it nor do her Argentine girlfriends.

You got me all wrong. I wasn't advocating it. The point is everyone in OP's age range is doing it now, and for Argentinian feminists, it's almost mandatory (along with the green bandanas). Incusivo has also become an accepted language at UBA for academic work (and I'm not joking).

You got me all wrong. I wasn't advocating it. The point is everyone in OP's age range is doing it now, and for Argentinian feminists, it's almost mandatory (along with the green bandanas). Incusivo has also become an accepted language at UBA for academic work (and I'm not joking).

Ah, I see. Apologies.

Back